The best American band of all time. (5 Viewers)

Without trying to be clever or second-guess myself, I'll go for The Velvet Underground.
Other contenders on any officially sanctioned list would include The Band, the Grateful Dead, the Beach Boys, Talking Heads, Nirvana, etc.
I think the VU would make both the official list and possibly top my personal list so, from a complex system of weights and pulleys, they win the officialdom/VascoJ Combined Merit Prize in Latter Day Musical Endeavour (American bands category).

My list would also include: Guided By Voices, The Beach Boys, Magnetic Fields, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Lovin' Spoonful, The Replacements, Wilco.
All very safe choices. I'm a safe guy. You can't have some two-bit cult figures with a couple of likeably eccentric albums on a list like this.

B00004W53V.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

These lads.

That album reminds me of being 14 and driving really fast over railroad tracks with my friends little brother in the trunk wearing a helmet. Small town amusement. I might have to pull that one out and dust it off.

This thread is ridiculous. Corey isn't even from America, he's from Canadia.

There, I've said it.

Funny enough, when ever you post I think of a Canadian TV teen drama called Degrassi Junior high. I always wonder what happened to you (Wheels) since Snake, Joey and Spike are all in the new generation. Must of been that drunk driving incident. Bold, Wheels.

Funny enough, when ever you post I think of a Canadian TV teen drama called Degrassi Junior high. I always wonder what happened to you (Wheels) since Snake, Joey and Spike are all in the new generation. Must of been that drunk driving incident. Bold, Wheels.

Drunk behind the Wheels - A story of Neil Hope

ooooooo, Pantone upped the ante there with GBV....i'll see him, and raise Fugazi.

Or Crazy Horse.

Or Presidents of the United States of America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back