The banks even more fucked up today (1 Viewer)

As long as I have my music, my family, my friends, my interesting food options, my light lunches at the IFI before an afternoon of Antongioni, followed by that latest offbeat Swedish drama, my casual book and music purchases, my tickets to Wavves, my array of vintage jackets, my cheeky Tuesday night pints, my seats for the World Cup Qualifiers and my quick city break to Budapest, I'll be fine.

you'll need your job for al that

Debt as collateral and nation v globalism. This is the problem.

I would say we are going to see more integration of states
and currency.

Hail Europe.

From a government spokesman yesterday;

"The Taoiseach believes that there is an onus on everyone to take into account the impact of their public comments on what is a vital national interest. Public suggestions that these measures have other objectives could warrant a loss of confidence in the Irish banking institutions which could be immensely damaging"

Oh for fuck sake! This is the exact attitude that caused this messed. If we all just believe in it enough we can ride another boom into the sunset. As long as the doom and gloomers are kept quiet no one will notice we're riding a wave of hot air.

CRAI

Anyone recently buy a new fridge? Can we have the box?

I need work. If one more person tells me to look at fucking Nixers.com I will snap. There's nothing on there except jobs in meat rendering and toilet attending. And promotions girls, for which I am too old, too fat, and insufficiently bosomed.

SRSLY.

Banks fucked. We fucked. Scared. Bad scared.

I really never thought I'd be feeling so fucking desperate to see banks survive. I'm seeing homelessness around the corner for the first time since I was 17 and it's real.

Its a hard time to be keeping shit upbeat alright.
And the worst of it is,no matter how bad it gets,we're fucking stuck because theres nowhere else to go.

how come? Excuse me if I'm just being stupid or it's none of my business

Mr Jane is a banker.

He's okay for now, but the situation for banking in general is very bad, so we're worried.

Did anyone else see that doc on the 1929 crash the other night? I always knew there were eerie parallels between the 1920s and the 2000s, but christ almighty -- so fucking terrifying. Because what's happening now is *worse*. Plus, half the world is at war with each other.

Before this is all over, there will be more Madoffs and more Anglo-Irish scandals and the shit hasn't even hit the fan yet.

Mr Jane is a banker.

He's okay for now, but the situation for banking in general is very bad, so we're worried.

Did anyone else see that doc on the 1929 crash the other night? I always knew there were eerie parallels between the 1920s and the 2000s, but christ almighty -- so fucking terrifying. Because what's happening now is *worse*. Plus, half the world is at war with each other.

Before this is all over, there will be more Madoffs and more Anglo-Irish scandals and the shit hasn't even hit the fan yet.

and you know what pulled the world out of that one? a great big stinking war economy. we need world war 3, i'm thinking china/russia vs. iceland. ireland can be the ref.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back