The banks even more fucked up today (1 Viewer)

what am i missing here lads:

buy cheap ass BOI/AIB shares, sit on them for 5/6 years, cash out, swim in money.

what am i missing here lads:

buy cheap ass BOI/AIB shares, sit on them for 5/6 years, cash out, swim in money.
If the govt or someone else takes the bank over in its entirety, they'll probably pay below the market rate and you'll lose the money you put in

I think it's worth a 50 quid punt though, if you have 50 quid to spare

Theres some professor Brian Lucie bloke about to come on newstalk to reassure us.

As long as I have my music, my family, my friends, my interesting food options, my light lunches at the IFI before an afternoon of Antongioni, followed by that latest offbeat Swedish drama, my casual book and music purchases, my tickets to Wavves, my array of vintage jackets, my cheeky Tuesday night pints, my seats for the World Cup Qualifiers and my quick city break to Budapest, I'll be fine.

All I caught of the professor(because I was eating a slice of toast and the crunching blocked out the radio a bit) was something about Albanian economics.

The reason why they're so cheap is because people don't know whether they've a future. Still, as egg says, it might be worth a shot.

My Dad bought Anglo shares a few months ago thinking they'd bottomed out.

From a government spokesman yesterday;

"The Taoiseach believes that there is an onus on everyone to take into account the impact of their public comments on what is a vital national interest. Public suggestions that these measures have other objectives could warrant a loss of confidence in the Irish banking institutions which could be immensely damaging"

Regardless of insinuation, by my logic a purchase or investment that does not stand up to questioning is not worth making.

We are entering the Twilight Zone

"The Taoiseach believes that there is an onus on everyone to take into account the impact of their public comments on what is a vital national interest. Public suggestions that these measures have other objectives could warrant a loss of confidence in the Irish banking institutions which could be immensely damaging"

to translate: "be nice to the banks, don't hurt their feelings."

fucking chimps.

i've never been so glad to be poor. i have nothing to lose. i'm off to spend the last of my money on a copy of das kapital and a rifle.

Regardless of insinuation, by my logic a purchase or investment that does not stand up to questioning is not worth making.

We are entering the Twilight Zone

isn't he basically saying "shut the fuck up"?

Ah crap, I should have gotten a trade instead of a Philosophy degree, what the hell was i thinking?? At least I don't have many debts, and sure, it cant be all that hard to make your own clothes, right?

i think a lengthy period of unemployment would be an excellent opportunity to read the philosophy books i never read in college. we could have a book club or something - spend tuesdays finding definitive answers to timeless philosophical mysteries.

isn't he basically saying "shut the fuck up"?

i suppose he's saying if we keep talking the country into a hole we'll bury ourselves but nobody will listen to him now. lets get him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back