The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (6 Viewers)

Had a look through my 7"s for my two abba one's strangely they are not there somebody must have bined them!

Sharon Shannon

ok, she can play the squeezebox very well.

But ..so what? Her massive popularity baffles me. It's a squeezebox.

She is good at what she does and works with very talented people...but ..meh. It's such a niche style of music yet she headlines pop/rock festivals. I don't get it.

Also..he's probably been mentioned a dozen times already

Ed Sheeran

If I hear one more time what a nice guy he is

for fucks sake

It's such a niche style of music yet she headlines pop/rock festivals. I don't get it.
I'm guessing its Irish festivals, where people who don't listen to music the rest of the year can lep around to some diddley-aye shite in some semi-ironic fashion. I doubt there's any actual 'fans' there.

But yes, I'm with you, I definitely don;t get Sharon Shannon. It's trad supermarket music.

The Decemberists

Actually I don't really know them at all but my understanding is that it's just terrible attempts by Americans at being the Pogues and pirate shanties about big novels. How right or wrong is this?

Like the Thrills in reverse.

They're not that basic, I mean some of it is pretty strange for such a popular band. People get too into them to an annoying level, but that's a whole different thing.

A post on the first page has just reminded me to go listen to some Robyn, silly niggldybits

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back