The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (1 Viewer)

This thread is great. I’d happily read a book about American underground bands by Nate Champion. Currently listening to Bitch Magnet. Good gear.

I would recommend taking heed of @Unknown Convict His tastes are pretty similar to mine and his knowledge far outstrips that of mine. And he has special songs with his wife that aren't cornball.

People from bands you like doing DJ sets

I don't get this phenomenon at all. Why would their records be any better than mine? I can listen to this stuff at home.

"Look, I understand. It's an acquired taste," Fagen said after putting his group's 1978 hit "Deacon Blues" on the bar's jukebox. "I wasn't that into it at first, either. But when you really listen to the unbelievable production values and the wry, perfectly crafted lyrics—it's just great art, okay? You should definitely give 'the Dan' a shot."

I've never though of Steely Dan as a difficult listen or an acquired taste. It's fairly straightforward stuff.

"Look, I understand. It's an acquired taste," Fagen said after putting his group's 1978 hit "Deacon Blues" on the bar's jukebox. "I wasn't that into it at first, either. But when you really listen to the unbelievable production values and the wry, perfectly crafted lyrics—it's just great art, okay? You should definitely give 'the Dan' a shot."

I've never though of Steely Dan as a difficult listen or an acquired taste. It's fairly straightforward stuff.
well my reaction every time is "this is utter shite" . This implies that either Steely Dan are utter shite or it'll take a bit more listening for me to get them.

I couldn't name you 2 Iggy Azaleia songs but lets not that stand in the way of some old fashioned rockism

BBC4 showed a documentary on the roots of rock and pop at the weekend. I was reminded again how much I hate the Beach Boys. They make my skin crawl.

I believe I may have mentioned this before once or twice.

Has the price range of vinyl gone through the roof in the last few years or what? Any band that charges 50% above the going rate for a record (not a 'deluxe edition' or such, but the only option) is a band that I don't get. I don't care how heavy the vinyl is or how thick the cardboard, I'm not selling a kidney for what's still just 45 minutes of tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back