The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Fat White Family

listened to their last album and though it interesting enough to go and see them in Whelans last night. And while I didn't hate it, I could not see what all the fuss was about. Juvenile antics on stage, and a front man with a squeaky voice that they do exceptionally well to hide on record. Great musicians, and a nice full sound, but I did not get whatever everyone else at it got from it.

Reading about it this morning, apparently it was the greatest gig in history.

My hole.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
A couple of my mates went to this. They have what I consider impeccable taste...after checking out this band on youtube just now I have to revise that opinion.

pavlos

Supporter
Threads
Fat White Family

listened to their last album and though it interesting enough to go and see them in Whelans last night. And while I didn't hate it, I could not see what all the fuss was about. Juvenile antics on stage, and a front man with a squeaky voice that they do exceptionally well to hide on record. Great musicians, and a nice full sound, but I did not get whatever everyone else at it got from it.

Reading about it this morning, apparently it was the greatest gig in history.

My hole.
Was going to go to this, rather glad I didn't now. Excellent reportage, @scutter !

Bernie Lomax

Threads
Mazzy Star. I've tried and I've tried but I can never make it past the 3rd track on So Tonight That I Might See. Bores the crap out of me.

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Contributor
Threads
Wilco.

Just.... boring.

People point to these songs and are all "listen to the crazy guitar in the background all the way through, AMAZING", and fine there's that, but it's not the background that's the problem here.

I know i'm wrong but I just can't get my head around them.

hiadudiad?

Supporter
Threads
Steely Dan

seriously like
I don't get them either. They are FINISHED.
I'm no longer certain about not getting Steely Dan. I've been listening to Aja a lot since before christmas and I love it now. I haven't bothered trying any of their other albums though, apart from one or two listens to Gaucho.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads