The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (2 Viewers)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
My missus was just saying this the other day

I love his late 70s early 80s stuff so he's a-ok with me

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Contributor
Threads
I've tried several albums by him over the years and his stuff always seems really self consciously written to me.

At its very best its amazing but with that in mind he's basically just like a scruffier ABBA to me, I don't think I ever need more than a best of....

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Contributor
Threads
Anyway, yer man Dev Hynes/Lightspeed Champion/Blood Orange

I've heard an unholy amount of music by him, and even saw him live a few times... never liked a single thing by him. Just don't get it at all at all.

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Contributor
Threads
Really liked their last album but after seeing them live I went off them and haven't listened since.
I think I'm still struggling with all the hipsters listening to and being influenced by black metal. In my head it's like some band from Brooklyn suddenly getting mad into Richie Kavanagh.

Unicron

Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
I think I'm still struggling with all the hipsters listening to and being influenced by black metal. In my head it's like some band from Brooklyn suddenly getting mad into Richie Kavanagh.
I quite like that sludgey black stuff in a I'll hear it and enjoy but not buy a record sort of way, but it probably occupies a space in my head that also likes Fuck Buttons. There's a Mount Eerie record that went all Black Metal that I quite liked though.

sleepy

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Anyway, yer man Dev Hynes/Lightspeed Champion/Blood Orange

I've heard an unholy amount of music by him, and even saw him live a few times... never liked a single thing by him. Just don't get it at all at all.
I really liked, and still like, that first lightspeed champion album. Haven't listened to anything else by him

sleepy

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
But all joking aside I actually don't mind Deafheaven. Your man's voice is kind of annoying but the music's pretty decent.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
Some of my friends adore him..I've listened to him and some of his earlier band's stuff but I just don't get it at all. Good singer, unique talent etc etc but not for me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• What Comes After The Blues
    Give Something Else Away Every Day
    Magnolia Electric Co.
    What Comes After The Blues

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads