The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (1 Viewer)

If people want to have a go at Springsteen for the reality of his life no longer* reflecting the characters he inhabits/portrays/depicts in his songs I hope they also have problems with the professions of acting and novel writing.

* If it ever did, he might have started writing out about the people and places he knew as a young man but he'll readily admit that he's never had a "real" job.

I no problem with it. My only issue with him is his Born In the USA, anything else is just taking the piss.

If people want to have a go at Springsteen for the reality of his life no longer* reflecting the characters he inhabits/portrays/depicts in his songs I hope they also have problems with the professions of acting and novel writing.

* If it ever did, he might have started writing out about the people and places he knew as a young man but he'll readily admit that he's never had a "real" job.
The world of YA novels has long descended into this nonsense and it's not a great place for art, although an entertaining news spectacle. War on metaphor.

A diamond is usually just a square with notions in any case.

From my cleverer WhatsApp friends:

ironic that a square doesn't conform to the standard of having "agon" at the end of it's name, compared to other shapes (except triangles).
You could say that it's a paragon of non-conformity

as regards actors and novelists that sounds not too far off. very overrated occupations.
my ''suspension of belief'' (sic) as I call it, is pretty low.
a lot of acting is akin to singing in a wedding band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back