Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get well soon Barry

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll start the ball rolling, shall I?

It's pure gash. Three geebags talking about knitting and ponies, with the only gay in the village on to chat about the soaps, nail varnish and cookery.

I could do better:

I get a camera crew and some sound-dude (French Bloke off paths to Freedom) and head off down t'country. Knock on some midlands door, get a frumpy middle-aged housewife up off her fat arse, from where she's been watching Trisha and avoiding the !ironyyy ing.

Me: Howya missus, would you mind us setting up in your living room in anyways?
Her: Feck off.
Me: Ah Jaysus, g'wan. Get two of your ugly mates in, yis can sit eating tea and Hobnobs while we film yis, talk about "The Change" and stuff.

Magic.

Here, is it me, or is the Lifestyle Board the thumped.com Afternoon Show?

Seeing as the shows target audience is all those mammies & unemployed folk, i'm not surprised its shit.

You know, I think the title of this poll is a little misleading - mostly because of the positioning of the question mark, seems like it should be:

The Afternoon Show. Shit. Discuss?

But while we're on the subject, how do you make good daytime tv without alienating all the housewives in Offaly (who, although they find Trevor the gossip guy delightfully saucy, also think that gays are the spawn of the devil)?

Now that's a good poll!

I've seen a few episodes of this. They always have a competition where you can win a grand by answering a really easy question. Any tv/radio show that has to bribe viewers to watch with a bloody competition is crap.

spiritualtramp said:
I've seen a few episodes of this. They always have a competition where you can win a grand by answering a really easy question. Any tv/radio show that has to bribe viewers to watch with a bloody competition is crap.

Here, speaking of bribing your viewers...

Do any of youse remember Where in the World? That crap geography quiz show on a Sunday on RTE? 'Member when they had some sort of a prize-giving yoke where they picked a TV License number at the end of the show and if that was your number and you got a question right you won something like a holiday?

Only every single week without fail, the punter who's number it was never rang up, and they had to open it up to the rest of the viewers. Talk about "here, nobody's fucking watching us at all"...

therecklessone said:
It's pure gash. Three geebags talking about knitting and ponies, with the only gay in the village on to chat about the soaps, nail varnish and cookery.

It's fecking brutal. The only good looking one is a lezzer. That Anna Nolan. Never liked he rbut strangely attractive compared to those other two shite-talking nitwits.

The whole thing comes across as not being rehearsed, which is RTE trying to be "cool", I reckon.

By not rehearsing.

Gick of the highest order.

therecklessone said:
I'll start the ball rolling, shall I?

yep, that pretty much sums it up. we have to pay a t.v license for this shit??? and daniel o'donneells show. i feel insulted by that:mad:

i watched a bit of this today and i have to say it think the brown-haired one (The one that ain't ginger or a lesbian nun) is a total hot chick. There, i said it!!! It's out in the open. Phew i feel better now.

the set's my favourite. them's pictures of houses behind them. it's so silly. myself and binky rubbed our bolixes off the chairs on that set last time we were in the rte and we were waiting for a taxi. binky had a wank into the oven glove and all. *

*some of this is lies.

so this show is back, minus the foxy brown haired one. Sure makes sick days easier. Spent the whole show trying to see if the Nun's black eye was still showing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back