Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (1 Viewer)

i kind of liked that part

I don't know the more the sequels / prequels go on the further it gets from the original vision.

If their sole purpose of the cyborg was to destroy humans (or one human in particular) then why the b'jaysus would they be programmed to think that they are human or be given emotions ????

I'm off now to re-evaluate my life after reading the above sentance :eek:

Will we ever again see a Terminator film with the never better sci-fi horror of T1?

Or is the franchise determined to end up in 'Terminator: The Animated Series' hell?
those days are dead and buried. its looking like this is going to be little more than a popcorn movie.

Utter fucking dross. Bale is terrible, the 'plot' is useless, Terminators just throw people around (does anyone remember when Arnie PULLED A FUCKING GUYS HEART OUT in T1???).

By the final few BIG scenes i was thinking about where i could get a nice single of chips and if i had tea bags. Probably the least fun movie i've ever seen, and i include Irreversible in that.

Stay home and drink your own piss.

Utter fucking dross. Bale is terrible, the 'plot' is useless, Terminators just throw people around (does anyone remember when Arnie PULLED A FUCKING GUYS HEART OUT in T1???).

By the final few BIG scenes i was thinking about where i could get a nice single of chips and if i had tea bags. Probably the least fun movie i've ever seen, and i include Irreversible in that.

talk to the hand

I can't believe you went to see it :eek:

Did you learn nothing from Terminator 3 or my time line graphs ????

Can't say I was all that impressed.
Bits of this movie variously reminded me of The Matrix, The Great Escape, Schindler's List, Mad Max, Crank, War Of The Worlds, Apple's 1984 ad, Resident Evil, Brokeback Mountain, the GI Joe and Transformers trailers I saw beforehand and whatever you're having yourself.
What it didn't feel like was Terminator movie.
There was no ominous sense of foreboding as the innocent is relentlessly stalked.
No actual Terminator to make you go "Shit! It can do that! Sarah/John Connor is/are fucked".
What we got was a leaner, remorseful(?) Terminator that wanted to be fucking friends(!?).
A Terminator for the Obama era (sorry).
It's my own fault, for expecting more from a franchise McG movie, rated 12A.

The big robots and flying stuff looked good, I guess. The plot and script were not great though.
Like there's a resistance fighter jet being chased by a Skynet plane and it has its weapons locked on, to which John Connor barks "Evasive maneuvers, NOW!"
Yeah, no shit, fucking evasive maneuvers.
And broadcasting the fucking signal from the fucking sub?
Michael Ironside would never do that.
And all this crap about humans having hearts and machines not having them.
And the new Terminator basically turning gay for Connor by the lake to the point where he sacrifices his life for him but can't stop looking into his eyes.
Fuck off.

And Ron Howard's daughter pissed me off, for reasons I can't quite articulate.

What they said above. Don't bother going.
Nothing necessarily to do with it being a bad Terminator movie, just with it being a bad movie in general.

cant wait to see this, i realy dont care if the plot is lame as long as there's 80ft warbots culling the remnants of humanity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back