Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (1 Viewer)

I've not seen it in ages but doesn't John ask the terminator does he recognize him? Why the fuck would he ask that, seeing as how he melted the last terminator he saw and surely Sarah would have told him that there's a production line of them.

Arnie also seemed to be fiited with a cool chip that allowed him to realise Elton John glasses didn't fit his outfit as well as black raybans.

Just saw the trailer for this over on the Apple website. It looks fuckin classssss!!!
Still it'll probably be bollocks. I love the sheer darkness of the original Terminator, and I want more of that from Terminator films. This one looks like it's trying to be realistic or whatever, but doesn't look like it'll be evil enough for my liking, looks more like an attempt to make a big action film blockbuster that will lack all the tension of the original but might have cool shit in it in a different way.
I'll probably enjoy it when it's out, but I'm sure it'll be no Terminator 1 or 2.

Just saw the trailer for this over on the Apple website. It looks fuckin classssss!!!
Still it'll probably be bollocks. I love the sheer darkness of the original Terminator, and I want more of that from Terminator films. This one looks like it's trying to be realistic or whatever, but doesn't look like it'll be evil enough for my liking, looks more like an attempt to make a big action film blockbuster that will lack all the tension of the original but might have cool shit in it in a different way.
I'll probably enjoy it when it's out, but I'm sure it'll be no Terminator 1 or 2.
well said. i think the key here is that its looking at being a PG-13 rating. if it was gonna be rated R or 18s or whatever, at least then there might be some chance of it maintaining some of the darkness of the originals. in fact, id be more inclined to consider the first film as a science fiction horror rather than an action film.
terminator is all about atmosphere.

Absolutely. I class Terminator 1 as a classic example of a cyber-punk film. Discarding that rather limited description, I reckon a Science-Fiction Horror (or perhaps Thriller?) is the closest you'll get to it. It's not an action film really, certainly not by 80s standards.
Same with Alien. It's unquestionably a horror film in a sci-fi setting, so science-fiction horror.
Terminator + Alien - Science fiction horror
Terminator 2 + Aliens - Action films

Aliens >>>>>>> Terminator 2

Game Over Man.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OScn6D5ub30&NR=1"]YouTube - NEW Terminator Salvation (2009) - Trailer #3 [720p HD QUALITY][/ame]

gotta say im really loooking forward to this now.

im glad it looks like stan winston left his mark on this as the effects and stuff look pretty great.

as long as this is somewhat dark and doesnt involve terminators wearing star rimmed glasses, its going to be a good 'un.

gotta say im really loooking forward to this now.

im glad it looks like stan winston left his mark on this as the effects and stuff look pretty great.

as long as this is somewhat dark and doesnt involve terminators wearing star rimmed glasses, its going to be a good 'un.

Yeah, love the dirty, gun-metal look of things. Stan has a brief cameo as a resistance fighter too.

This opens in the US today.

I'm not reading the reviews but the few headlines look positive enough.

the press showing for here was last night

i heard 3 out of five at best :-(

Harry Knowles took a swipe at it last week too and he likes any old shit these days

I'm going in with low expectations but that's probably a good way to approach it.

The new trailer looks awful, it looks like there's a scene in it where a terminator in it that thinks it's a human and goes mental when it finds out it isn't ?!?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back