Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (2 Viewers)

terminator 1- created a one film genre. cyberhorror brought atmosphere to the horror genre like no other. well written and believable. one of the best films of the 80s.

terminator 2- along with jurassic park changed the way we look at films. it took style, married it with substance, and made it one of the rare examples of a sequel being as good as the previous. it took time travel and made it simple. winner.

terminator 3- there are no words. terminator putting on star shaped glasses? fuck right off. 0/10

terminator salvation- oh cmon are you serious? what a croc of shit. doesnt even stand up as a stand alone action film. as shit as quantam of solace. marginally better than T3. 1/10
I hope McG ends up working in McDs.

thank you for listening.

This is up there with the worst films I've ever seen.
Total shite. Best bit of the film was when someone had a line "How long?" and the guy beside me piped up: "Two more movies!"

Save your money. Its shit. And whats more it will make you realise how shit every other Terminator film was. Totally fucking shit. Makes Angels And Demons seem like good craic in comparison.

Utter fucking dross. Bale is terrible, the 'plot' is useless, Terminators just throw people around (does anyone remember when Arnie PULLED A FUCKING GUYS HEART OUT in T1???).

By the final few BIG scenes i was thinking about where i could get a nice single of chips and if i had tea bags. Probably the least fun movie i've ever seen, and i include Irreversible in that.

Stay home and drink your own piss.

how were the chips?

terminator 2- along with jurassic park changed the way we look at films. it took style, married it with substance, and made it one of the rare examples of a sequel being as good as the previous. it took time travel and made it simple. winner.

are you on glue?

special effects that have aged like Mega Drive graphics, a time line that is fucked and full of inconsistencies (John Connor being ten is a favourite) and ridiculous dialogue

it was on tv last weekend and it was an ordeal to sit through, where as the first film is still killer

"I know now why you cry".. Me too, Arnie

i thought t2 was ok as a shit action film, but it cant hold a candle to the original terminator. shit action films can be good, t3 is far from good, it is an abortion. i am not going to go see this because it is a 12, and like batman will be shit.

fuck making films like terminator ok for kids. what is the point, unless you start making thundercats films that are 18 with loads of gore all over the place

i thought t2 was ok as a shit action film, but it cant hold a candle to the original terminator. shit action films can be good, t3 is far from good, it is an abortion. i am not going to go see this because it is a 12, and like batman will be shit.

fuck making films like terminator ok for kids. what is the point, unless you start making thundercats films that are 18 with loads of gore all over the place

yeah, i agree with this. what makes films like this work is the lack of moral comfort zone. like, oh "i'm a good terminator so i'm gonna shoot shit up but i'm not gonna kill anything k?"

screw that, good terminator or no, i want to see him bust a few heads without having to be reassured that his morals are in the right place

It's always been blatantly obvious to me that the only Terminator film that is truly amazing and genius as a film is the original. It even has two of my favourite film scenes ever, first the best, Tech Noir:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

then the Cop Shop Shootout (best synth music ever at the end):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd say the first Terminator could well be my favourite film of all time.

The second film is good, but really just cause it's a good action film. There's too much bollocks in it to make it outstanding. The third film is a travesty of course. But Terminator Salvation for me is just like the second one, it's a really good action film, with plenty of flaws, but that works in the end as a cool action film with loads of big explosions and shit. Sweet.

And seriously, that attempt at a Jesus subtext...

Fate sealed by kiss, "crucifixion" death, resurrection, died so that John could live...

What possible function was is supposed to serve or was it something they just jammed in as attempt at some kind of depth?

...fuck off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back