Tadhg Cooke (1 Viewer)

hermie said:
what does he sound like?if the anwser is 'an irish singer-songwriter' you'll have to pardon my prejudice but no thanks.

yeah he is a talented guy. not yer average ss. btw did anyone read the singles review in hotpress this week. a dublin ss guy got compared to "scum that needs to be washed off the street". ok ya dont like it but cmon thats just mean!

hermie said:
what does he sound like?if the anwser is 'an irish singer-songwriter' you'll have to pardon my prejudice but no thanks.

Well it wouldn't be so much that I'd be pardoning your prejudice, it'd be more a case of me not giving a shit. (That's the meanest thing I've said on THumped in a long time. And that's really not that mean.)

Shittu said:
a dublin ss guy got compared to "scum that needs to be washed off the street"

If he really is a nazi then that's a fair enough comment.

roxy said:
...is really really good.

Take my word for it.

http://www.tadhgcooke.com/music.htm

Even at the earliest stages of his songwriting, the Dunboyne man recalls setting high standards for himself. "I was listening to people like Joni Mitchell, James Taylor and Paul Simon and I would get annoyed by not being able to reach their standard", he says. "I wasn’t trying to mimic them, but I thought ‘if I can’t play my songs next to theirs without getting embarrassed by how crap they are then there’s no point’."
:eek: :confused:

spectraljanitor said:
Even at the earliest stages of his songwriting, the Dunboyne man recalls setting high standards for himself. "I was listening to people like Joni Mitchell, James Taylor and Paul Simon and I would get annoyed by not being able to reach their standard", he says. "I wasn’t trying to mimic them, but I thought ‘if I can’t play my songs next to theirs without getting embarrassed by how crap they are then there’s no point’."
:eek: :confused:

Big man

spectraljanitor said:
Even at the earliest stages of his songwriting, the Dunboyne man recalls setting high standards for himself. "I was listening to people like Joni Mitchell, James Taylor and Paul Simon and I would get annoyed

Me too

I can think of few things more unpleasant than having to listen to a Paul Simon record.

Paul simon is fantastic.

I saw Tadhg Cook before - I think he was pretty good.

Noone ever listens to me, so this post will probably make little difference to the 'debate'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back