Swimming Pools in Dublin (1 Viewer)

Ferox13

I've got it in my head to start exercising (just a little) again.

i was thinking of taking up swimming. maybe do an hour after work twice a week. A lot off pool now seem to be part of Gyms which you need to join first.

Any recommendations of places you can drop into and swim for an hour or so thats not mad expensive..

Has anyone been to the Markiewicz Centre one?

thanks..

Splashing about in a paddling pool doesn't count as real exercise ya know!

But I don't wear armbands any more..

yeah I got that list - I was just wondering did people have personal experience etc..

So Coolock sounds good and Ballymun isn't too far either from my GFs.

the ballymun pool is apparently v. nice, my mum used to swim in the marciewicz (which is grand) and switched to the ballymun one as it's both nicer and nearer her house.

i splashed out (geddit? splashed, geddit? i'll get me coat) on membership of the westwood in clontarf for the 50m pool and it is actually worth every penny. it's at the end of my road, so it's very easy to just drop in, it's huuuuuge, dacent other facilities as well, and it works out the same or less price than the corpo pools if you go two or three times a week. plus you can use the gym as well, if you want.

Markiewicz Centre is a grand clean pool. They have a sauna too that you can take before / after your swim.
They also have "10 swim" tickets that make it cheaper than just paying as you go.

i went to the CRC in clontarf on my way home from work for a while but i couldn't seem to figure out the best time to go. one friday evening i went and it was just me and one other woman which was deadly. next friday there were like 30 kids or something and i couldn't even get one length done comfortably :(
they do ladies swim aerobics too so maybe that'd be worth checking out cos there'd be no sprogs.

i've also gone a few times to the marciewicz centre and it's fine really but i just found it too busy.

i think i'll go check out the ballymun one since y'all said nice things about it!

i used to go to the markevwieztx one sometimes, it wasnt too bad if you went mid afternoon before the schools finished for the day. i wouldnt go near it during the school holidays - full of brats and they dont have very many lanes i dont think. its grand though. ive been swimming like a mad thing lately.

Has anyone been to the Markiewicz Centre one?

quote]

i use the gym there. havent used the pool even though you can if you pay for the gym.

the pool looks decent. and busy after work.

Markiewicz pool is good, but can be packed. Apparently Trinity alumni can use the pool in the new leisure centre on westland row.

Rang the Markiewicz Centre aand got a bit confused. I was told it was €6 or €6.60 for the pool/sauna and gym.

This looks a bit different than the €3.60 for adults, €1.80 for kids, €7.50 for Family Tickets, €28 for an adult 10-swim ticket, and €13 for a juvenile 10-swim. On the webite.

Rang the Markiewicz Centre aand got a bit confused. I was told it was €6 or €6.60 for the pool/sauna and gym.

This looks a bit different than the €3.60 for adults, €1.80 for kids, €7.50 for Family Tickets, €28 for an adult 10-swim ticket, and €13 for a juvenile 10-swim. On the webite.

I think the €6 is closer to the mark.
It was €5.50-odd last year.

The lanes aren't too packed for first swim at 7am.

I think the €6 is closer to the mark.
It was €5.50-odd last year.

The lanes aren't too packed for first swim at 7am.

yeah as far as i know its €6 for just a swim
then €6.60 for gym with a "15 minute swim" and sauna.
as i said previously i just use the gym cos i'm usually to drunk for the swim as well.

also...they reduced their monthly and annual membership costs recently.

also...they reduced their monthly and annual membership costs recently.

So u pay ^ euro per use and then 65 or some thing for the year..

Anyone know what its like about 6pm-7pm?

So u pay ^ euro per use and then 65 or some thing for the year..

Anyone know what its like about 6pm-7pm?

a 3 month membership for the gym is around €140 now.
dunno what you pay for the year. think the pool only option is cheaper...but not sure. oh they have peak and off peak rates as well i think.

i'm usually in the (packed) gym 6-7pm and the pool is lively then.

Got this email from the Trinity pool people:

We offer membership to graduates, it is currently at a rate of €280 plus a joining fee of €75. This entitles you to the use of the whole centre. We do not provide pool specific membership.

Markiewicz is 6.60 for a session in the gym/pool as trev said, and they're now doing a special monthly rate of 55 quid, which I think I'll go for. If you go more than twice a week you're saving money. Not sure what the equivalent pool-only monthly rate is but it's a similar good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back