Stupid stuff that isnt vegetarian (1 Viewer)

mackle

Could someone post some things other than meat products that arent vegetarian? Things I wouldnt think of.

sq-appears-balcony2.jpg

sorry..

Ciaran Mackle said:
Could someone post some things other than meat products that arent vegetarian? Things I wouldnt think of.

For a start, Spice Burgers are not just made of spice. I had to break this to my veggie mate who had been eating them every friday night for months.

spiritualtramp said:
For a start, Spice Burgers are not just made of spice. I had to break this to my veggie mate who had been eating them every friday night for months.

What do you mean by spice burgers? I eat spicey bean burgers all the time.

spiritualtramp said:
owwww flashbacks

boy did i feel stupid.

Vegetable soup - made with chicken, apparently, according to some manufacturers. Same goes for some Mushroom soups too.

Loads of desserts that have gelatine in - use pectin you cheap bastards.

Chicken; fish - comes as quite a surprise to some "vegetarians"

pete said:
Vegetable soup - made with chicken, apparently, according to some manufacturers. Same goes for some Mushroom soups too.

Best thing to do is make your own soup/food as much as possible. Then you know exactly whats going in them.

Cooking rules .|..|

pete said:

I remember ordering veg soup in some dump of a restaurant one time - just as I ordered it I asked "is this soup made with chicken stock or vegetable stock?", woman gave me this look - sorta like this:

mrburns-eh.gif

then said - "uhhh yeaah". I doubted her so she asked the "chef". he told me "yeahh thas maayade wih vegitablet". so I sat down. soup served. tasted like fricken chicken soup. wasnt about to have an argument about it so I just put it aside and ate the bread. probably meat bread. stupid restaurant.

Guinness and some wines apparently.couldnt tell you which myself as i am not vegetarian but i heard this after spending the weekend with a gang of them.I have to say though the vegetarian breakfast that they cooked on sunday was one of the finest meals i have ever had:)

Wow. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the thread was going to be about. Like. Stuff that isn't vegetarian.....eh.... Telly. Dresses.

I geddit now. duh.

I never eat food from chippers because the veggie option is generally cooked in the same oil as meat. I'm not that strict, but I can taste it when they do and it makes me feel very ill.

I went to college with a guy who was a sworn vegetarian yet ate a bag of burdochs chips every day. Which are cooked in lard. Which he knew full well.

aoifed said:
Wow. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the thread was going to be about. Like. Stuff that isn't vegetarian.....eh.... Telly. Dresses.

I geddit now. duh.

I never eat food from chippers because the veggie option is generally cooked in the same oil as meat. I'm not that strict, but I can taste it when they do and it makes me feel very ill.

marshmallows.

guinness on account of they strain it through fish scales or something.. that doesn't sound right, but yeah, guinness.

what about cheese that doesn't say 'VEGETARIAN CHEESE'? that always confuses me.

cod liver oil (funny that).

Super Dexta said:
marshmallows.

guinness on account of they strain it through fish scales or something.. that doesn't sound right, but yeah, guinness.

what about cheese that doesn't say 'VEGETARIAN CHEESE'? that always confuses me.

cod liver oil (funny that).

'Vegetarian cheese' is made with vegetarian rennet, which is unlike regular rennet, which comes from a cow's stomach.

I'm not a vegetarian anymore. I don't eat meat, but I do eat fish, and after many years of telling so-called 'vegetarians' who ate fish that 'fish is not a vegetable', I think it's only fair to drop the term. Anyway, I love marshmallows.

Carlsberg is also filtered through cuttlefish bone (I think it's cuttlefish bone) apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back