Stupid stuff that isnt vegetarian (1 Viewer)

niallmc said:
Most marshmallows contain gelatin, which is kind of like the stuff that stiks your nails to your toes and fingers.
Guinness DO still use isinglass to filter their stout. The marketing dept. told the Irish Veg Soc only last month.
Gelatin also features in many chewy sweets (guess why - those nails can be chewy). McDonalds USED to par-fry (if that's such a word) their freedom fries in beef fat before distributing them in the states. That has now changed due to a court case.
Other stuff that's not veggie!!! lots of biscuits contain animal fats and marine shortening. Ciaran, like many people said it's up to you to chise what you want to eat.

You've just put me of Marshallows for life just telling me what it is!

Well Im trying to do this properly so I think I wanna go off everything that isnt veggie.

mentioned already, cheese that contains rennet

some cheap jams use gelatin. quality ones use pectin.

if you want the benifits of omega 3 fish oils, flax seed is a vegetatian alternative.

most tablets seem to have gelatin in them. i don't seem to hear of many alternatives to this vegan society wasn't able to help so you're at the mercy of what health food shops can help you with.

Civet (from anal pouch of civet cat), musk (from male musk deer), castoreum (anal sex gland of the beaver) and ambergris (whale excretion) may be used in perfumes.

I am never wearing perfume again.

pete said:
one for the more mature ladies: HRT treatments contain horse's wee.

yeah i know - not strictly a vegetarianism issue....

I'm 'more mature', and I'm curious about this reference in that website:

"(5) Don Thomas, “Horse Urine Farms Scrutinized,” The Edmonton Journal, 18 Mar. 1995."

Otherwise known as a wetting zoo.

jane said:
Did we ever get a clear answer about semen? Is it vegan or no?

What's the official vegan stance on placenta? ok if it's you own?

http://www.mothers35plus.co.uk/plac_rec.htm

"Cut off the cord and membranes. Steam the placenta, adding lemon grass, pepper and ginger to the steaming water. The placenta is "done" when no blood comes out when you pierce it with a fork"

yum yum

jane said:
Did we ever get a clear answer about semen? Is it vegan or no?

depends where it comes from! arf! arf!

um... if you're seriously asking about placenta i think you're misunderstanding the point of veganism.
but you're kidding right.

muertos vivientes! said:
um... if you're seriously asking about placenta i think you're misunderstanding the point of veganism.
but you're kidding right.

What about Catholics?

When the priest performs the miracle of transubstatiation they're eating the flesh of Jesus

minus vegan points or no?

muertos vivientes said:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Dehydrating your placenta![/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Instead of cooking your placenta whole, you can dehydrate it and then add it to meals! The following method is extracted from an article entitled "Thinking About Eating Your Placenta?" by Susan James, which appeared in the winter 1996 issue of "The Compleat Mother". It was discovered posted on a newsgroup noticeboard, so we cannot absolutely guarantee its authenticity, or that it is an actual verbatim account of the magazine article.[/size][/font]​

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT TO? jesus...... Who has eaten it before , does it taste like liver? what kind of texture is it like in your mouth? Did your partner eat some to? If you told your mother was she freaked out by what you did? Did you do it to be more at one with nature or what?​

rocktopus said:
What about Catholics?

When the priest performs the miracle of transubstatiation they're eating the flesh of Jesus

minus vegan points or no?

Well, you see, I think the Vatican's official policy changed a few decades ago. Last I checked, they were all like, "Transubstantiation? Cut out the middleman: eat a priest."

Roisin said:
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT TO? jesus...... Who has eaten it before , does it taste like liver? what kind of texture is it like in your mouth? Did your partner eat some to? If you told your mother was she freaked out by what you did? Did you do it to be more at one with nature or what? [/left]

it replenished the body of proteins and minerals which would otherwise be lost. it doesnt taste bad at all. i have never eaten liver however.

Brian Conniffe said:
it replenished the body of proteins and minerals which would otherwise be lost. it doesnt taste bad at all. i have never eaten liver however.

I dunno about this, Im no nutritionist( no, really I'm not!)but this sounds a bit like when you're a kid and you cut your finger you suck the blood in the belief that it goes back into your veins, when it fact it goes to your belly and you eventually shit it out?

I do however say "God Bless you" when someone sneezes, to force the soul back up the nasal passages

rocktopus said:
I dunno about this, Im no nutritionist( no, really I'm not!)but this sounds a bit like when you're a kid and you cut your finger you suck the blood in the belief that it goes back into your veins, when it fact it goes to your belly and you eventually shit it out?

I do however say "God Bless you" when someone sneezes, to force the soul back up the nasal passages

I happen to know that if your finger ever gets cut off, the faster you eat it, the faster it grows back. Fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back