stupid rules (3 Viewers)

jillface

Website
Visit site
the no uniform thread made me remember some of the stupid rules we had in our school.

blokes couldn't have long hair, which is fairly standard in most schools i suppose, but you also couldn't have hair shorter than a certain length. like you couldn't have a totally shaved head.
one guy got sent home from school until his hair grew back a bit to be allowed come to school.

piercings weren't allowed, except girls were allowed have one earing in each lobe. the principal took out an eyebrow piercing from a girl in his office with a pliers because she said she couldn't take it out.

i recall hearing a story about a guy who had dreads being kicked out of school because he refused to get rid of them and in a heated argument called the principal a "fat baldy cunt". teehee :)

congratulations!

We werent allowed to wear denim jackets!

A legacy of the skinhead yob hysteria from the late 70s

This was the 80s ...in rural Donegal

Smiley "Acid" badges were banned too

Yeah our school was like that under the dictatorship of one "smarmy bald cunt" but lately the dress rules seem to have gone out the window with kids with long hair! and dyed hair! and shaved heads! and David Beckham haircuts! and wearing joolry and the like!

we were allowed long hair. one teacher had the job of enforcing school dress policy and he used to try and make me tie up my hair but i defied him to the end. the principle, if he caught you wearing an extra jumper for warmth outside of your uniform jumper, would take the jumper and charge you £2 to get it back. if he caught lads smoking behind the gym (he used to hide behind a wall and give people time to light up before catching them) he'd charge them £20 to not tell their parents, the cunt.

i used to work in hmv and they made me wear my hair up in a bun.
i pointed out that the only difference between me and the female employees was a pair of breasts and a vagina.
are all mens long hair greasy?
wait, dont answer that.
no.

yay jill2000!

we were allowed one earring per ear, and i think they actually meant lobe but had too many copies of the rules printed up to do anything more than constantly mutter.

similarly, the 'natural colours' for hair was always useful for insisting that pink was like way totally omg natural, like flowers and stuff.

we also had a principal obsessed with banning flipflops (the last two years didn't have a uniform), and got to hear 'beach-appropriate footwear' quite a few times. "you wouldn't wear them to work in an office, would you?"

i used to work in hmv and they made me wear my hair up in a bun.
i pointed out that the only difference between me and the female employees was a pair of breasts and a vagina.
are all mens long hair greasy?
wait, dont answer that.
no.

the same applies to school?
why can girls have long hair, but guys not?

During the summer in our school guys could take their jumpers off, but girls couldn't. I can only assume that this was so that an inadvertant glimpse of bra wouldn't overexcite some guy. Solution: we wore those thick cotton (like denim) shirts with t-shirts underneath.

I did engineering and wearing a skirt was extremely dangerous around some of the machines so I got away with wearing trousers. I had to tie my hair up for the same reason.

The school was actually really flexible with the guys... there were guys with long hair and piercings, there were a few guys who wore knee length Doc boots with their trousers tucked into them.

It was just the girls they were strict with... there was one guy came to school wearing makeup pretty regularly and nobody said boo to him - the rules only stated that GIRLS couldn't wear makeup.

We had the hair rules nothing in the eyes are on the collar or shaved less than a 3(I think). The hair in eyes rule is directly related to how I got the name moose in first year btw. We weren't allowed dyed hair or dreads either. We weren't allowed boots and all shoes had to be black. No piercings of any sort.

Thankfully it got way more relaxed in the final year when the abusing cunt of a headmaster left.

Cos it's gay like :rolleyes:
(Joke!)

We were only allowed wear navy socks - seriously, any other colour, even black, you were made change. Our school was run by a female incarnation of Hitler.
yeah she was evil!
no nail varnish
no bright colours in your hair
no jewellery except one pair of studs, or maybe a necklace (if it was a cross or something)
no bracelets
the aforementioned navy socks
School jackets only (!!!)
skirts couldn't be more than one inch above the knee
etc etc etc
one girl got suspended for shaving her head.

Even if you have a note for wearing a pair of jeans etc insted of skirt you get detention. Cant wear a ring thats bigger than a normal one I had a thump ring on years ago, just a little bit bigger than a normal ring and I wasd told to remove it. No large hoopy earings just incase a first years hair gets caught in them... Thats the excuse my friend niamh was told when she was asked to take out her earings the size of wagon wheels.

Oh and I ws told to take out my ebony plug things or as she said (take those slugs looking things out of your ears). I said glady, should have seen the face drop when she seen id large holes in my ear lobes...

I get away with my hair colour because I just happen to be the year heads pet.

i didn't have to wear a uniform, and had long hair up the wazoo.
wasn't enought tho. still had to "rebel"
man what a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back