students (1 Viewer)

pssst, lads...i think ferox might be a detective

I prefer the term 'consulting Detective'..

3f_1_b_1293_1.JPG

and LMAOscutter..

I was sitting in front of two students on the bus home yesterday. They were very glad the guards told them that they were "very well behaved", and were worried that the rowdiness caused by outsiders might be the only thing that their demo was remembered for, rather than their clever placards saying "Careful now" and "Down with this sort of thing". It sounded like a conversation my 5-year-old might have.

Students on the street with funny placards! I'd say the fat cats are quaking in their hand-made shoes

are the students in favour of having those with the means to pay fees pay them or just have free fees for everyone? Free fees for all is probably a simpler message for getting across with placards and shouting. what do you lot think? I dont mind the free fees but when money is tight the poshos should pay

I heard on de wireless this morning that in an attempt to break up the kerfuffle Guards announced that there was a Heineken promotion on in Trinity. I doth snickered

are the students in favour of having those with the means to pay fees pay them or just have free fees for everyone? Free fees for all is probably a simpler message for getting across with placards and shouting. what do you lot think? I dont mind the free fees but when money is tight the poshos should pay

Poshos are paying dude, they pay more taxes than the proles. If we're talking about an equitable society than those that put more into the state coffers should be able to get something back out of it beyond the basic services like roads, and coppers and shit like that. It can't just be a case where the rich people pay their taxes to subsidise everyone else entirely.

But I'm coming at it from a position that I benefitted from the free fees and I'm not comfortable with the notion of going to people, "you know that thing that I got? Well you can't have it." I'm pissed off enough that I've lost my PRSI dental stuff with the cuts.

Poshos are paying dude, they pay more taxes than the proles. If we're talking about an equitable society than those that put more into the state coffers should be able to get something back out of it beyond the basic services like roads, and coppers and shit like that. It can't just be a case where the rich people pay their taxes to subsidise everyone else entirely.

But I'm coming at it from a position that I benefitted from the free fees and I'm not comfortable with the notion of going to people, "you know that thing that I got? Well you can't have it." I'm pissed off enough that I've lost my PRSI dental stuff with the cuts.

i benefited from the free fees too - i think they were introduced the year i went to college. Im not against the free fees, i just think that if there isnt enough money for everything then maybe free fees for everyone isnt the most important thing to spend it on. i always thought that the money would be better spent on primary and secondary education - trying to keep more people in education and making schools better at primary and secondary level.

i see what you mean about some people funding everything, but if you have a load of money and the next person is also spending their life working and making a fraction of what you earn then i dont see the problem with letting you pay for it while the next person gets a leg up if they're struggling.

did i benefit from free fees?? yes and no?? someone decide for me. i attended 8 months of civil engineering at an IT, i realized that i hated it and left. if there had been 3000 in fees paid, i might have thought differently about dropping out. I would have become a civil engineer, made a fuck load of money and most likely have lost it by now, or if i was lucky left the country about 2006. I don't know. there's defo more money wasted on construction tax breaks then then there will ever be in offering an education, however the education being offered by a 'smart economy'....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back