students (1 Viewer)

I think the guards should bash everyone and not just the students

51RSYH159RL._SS500_.jpg

anyone caught incessantly texting or listening to their ipod (yes, really) in lectures should be made to pay for everyone else. WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING IN COLLEGE YOU TWATS.

I think some of those Ivy League colleges are easy to do well in. I seem to remember that something like 50% of students in Harvard get As

When I left college I went to work for one of those silicon valley multinational tech companies. We had a small presence in Dublin but a very big reputation. The HQ in silicon valley had this kind of unofficial policy of only hiring Ivy leaguers (or if they went to Stanford, that was ok too). I remember thinking at the time that if I was going for my job over there I probably wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting it (I went to DCU).

Anyhow, they weren't so shit-hot. By in large, the people I worked with here in Dublin were (and still are) far better engineers than our highly-decorated, overpaid, demand-laden counterparts in California. Sure there are some good people over there, but most could still learn a thing or 2 from us. And its not about knowledge, its about attitude. These pricks that have a degree printed on a piece of paper wit the the word 'Stanford' written on the top of it generally tend to kick-back and expect life to live itself. Here we have to make things happen for ourselves.

And fuck google too. They came out and gave out shit about the quality of degrees in Ireland. Having a degree doesn't mean you automatically know everything and can slot in seamlessly to some company or other. It means you have an aptitude and a certain amount of discipline. It means a company can have confidence that if they put time, effort and money into nurturing and developing you, they're not wasting their time.

I love the secretary just sitting there going 'eeeehhhh' as a mass of students march by her desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back