Steam and other videogame bargains someone should buy... (1 Viewer)

I think I pimped it here before, but Celeste is simply one of the greatest games ever made. Now available for cheaper that a shite chicken wrap from Dealz.

It's essentially a twitchy and occasionally difficult platformer. The genius part is slowly stacking mechanic on mechanic until you feel like you're a telepathic god darting around levels like Neo in The Matrix.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Let Dunkey tell you:

OK, I'll stop now, but I bought this one a while back and it's ridiculously fun, and costs 12c more than the Tesco Clubcard price for an 18pack of Birdseye Potato Waffles (that's €4.12 for those of you who don't keep up with the WPI*)

The central mechanic of this arcade-style First Person Shooter: so long as you're wall-running, wall-jumping, floor-sliding, forward-diving etc. you are invulnerable to all damage. Add to this a "bullet-time" mechanic and you have gameplay that rewards you so long as you're traversing levels like a ping-pong ball on a trampoline (with a machine-gun). It's even more fun if you have someone to controller-swap with and try to beat each-other in speed runs across each of it's relatively short levels.

I've no idea why this didn't become one of the biggest games ever when it was released in 2021, but it's got an Overwhelmingly Positive 92% Rating on Steam with over 3000 reviews.

Here's the trailer, which actually does it no justice, as it makes it look way more difficult and confusing than it actually is (and under-features the bullet-time):

*Waffle Price Index

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back