Star Wars - The Force Awakens - Spoilers thread, consider yerself warned (1 Viewer)

BOND-TFA.png
So is Nigel Golrich, Simon Pegg and most bizarrely, Matt Johnson of The The

I thought it was ok. Clunky dialogue, bad acting, rehashed plot lines etc etc. I kept having to tell myself "well it is a kid's film" . Some great visuals though.

.Maybe. They were hardly going to skip back to Leia hand in hand singing about the light side of the force Mary Poppins style. Also, zero character development. Zero plot development. They just used that Hitler rally scene to imply bad guys. Bigger death star is not a new script idea. Nor is data in a driod. Making a balls of training is not a new idea either. While they cast a female Luke, they still used the little spermy man flying into the hole to save the day finale and general Leia was just like 'grand I'll just use my face to act because I've no script really, now you boys be careful out there playing'. Also, smart franchise expansion move implying that a barmaid Yoda can fully train you in the force in about 40secs. That'll save explaining anything in future. I could go on, but the point is really that its more emperors new clothes than in any way new movie. It'll still be rated best movie ever for not being the phantom menace. Oh and the CGI guy was shit too in a sort of unsuccessful PC game kinda way. In 30 years basically no space ships were invented, but they did paint the old ones, a bit. The money move here was to introduce nothing new, montage the memorable bits of the first three movies and consolidate all script to one dimension.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I went in thinking it would be terrible, but I enjoyed it much more than I was expecting. I thought No Vader = No Point, but the new Vader lad was really good. Flynn and the English girl were enjoyable on screen, and the new R2D2 was great.

Also on the good side was seeing all the old smashed ships on the planet surface. That was awesome.

On the dark (bad) side of the force (awakenings) (see?), the blow up the death start scene was pathetic. there was no where near enough time spent getting across the danger of the new death star. the shit gollum emperor (fuck off andy serkis)

and domhnall gleeson was this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Everything was too rushed. The relationship between Poe and the main guy, the speed at which Rey discovered then mastered the force, the bond between Han and Rey, and as you say the mention of and then destruction of yet another super weapon. The more I think about it the more I disliked it. And the online fawning is getting infuriating.

The more I think about it the more I disliked it.
Same here.

The Empire build a planet sized ship, or turn a planet into some kind of mad ship with a massive gun, but we get to hear shag all about it. Instead we spend the middle third of the film at a stupid bar with a character from the invicibles.

bah.

Same here.

The Empire build a planet sized ship, or turn a planet into some kind of mad ship with a massive gun, but we get to hear shag all about it. Instead we spend the middle third of the film at a stupid bar with a character from the invicibles.

bah.
And they have this brainwashed army, and the cool looking silver officer type who fucking gives it all up and destroys her entire ideology because ...why? They might shoot her? Come on, chaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back