Star Wars - The Force Awakens - Spoilers thread, consider yerself warned (1 Viewer)

Yeah, she's so his daughter and Sigourney Weaver is the ma
Be cool if they actually use the Mara jade character from the EU.

Need to see it again. Head was pretty melted from work an not enough good food going in.
Thought the story was good. Would have liked more Luke. Last shots really got to me though.

All the new characters were very likable. Anybody else get a Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind vibe from Rey early on.......totally the goggles.

Negative points - didn't like any of the mo-cap CGI really. Not a patch on the puppetry/costumes. Supreme Leader Snoke looked a bit bland and shit and.....CGI. Admiral Ackbar was really disappointing looking and sounding.
Also William's score was completely unmemorable bar the reprised amazing themes from the other movies.

I was happy for the 3D during when the big triangle ship was on, pointing out

That was a "JJ, you magnificent bastard" moment
Last night, everyone laughed at that point when some lad went: "Jaysus, it would have your eye out!"

Booked again to see it in the morning with the whole family. Parent and baby screenings in the Light(sabre)house ftw!

So this was just Weezer's last album for films. ie, do something so familiar that all these pricks giving you shit for the last few albums will STFU.
Son No. 1 (star wars fan) didn't like it. Said it was just one introduction after another.
Son No. 2 (wasn't arsed seeing it) liked it a lot "I'd go to see the next one."
I'm a bit of both. I'm interested to see what they do next, now that they've got this out of the way.

I see no issue with Mark Hamill's acting in the final scene. Such whingers.

Crushing disappointment that yer man was just a big CGI telephone and not a GIANT though. I was all ready to invest in a Star Wars world with giant Sith...lightsabers the size of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back