Star Wars Episode III (5 Viewers)

Saw this yesterday and thought it was pretty good. There were some terrible lines of dialogue and some of the acting was a bit ropy. You can't blame the actors though. They are all capable of better but Lucas is such a soulless person that he drains them of all passion in their delivery. They do what they are told and Lucas is happy with the results which shows that he would rather not have to deal with actors at all.

A few things were a bit daft.
HERE BE SPOILERS!!!
1. The term 'younglings'. Doesn't the suffix 'lings' imply youth anyway? Totally stupid.
2. The presence of Chewbacca. Why? He may as well not have been there. We only really know it's him when Yoda says goodbye to him.
3. Yoda's speech impediment. It was so much worse in this film that in any other. I saw some of 'Empire' the other night and he wasn't speaking like this at all. As he gets older he sorts it out, obviously. Like some kind of reverse senility.
4. Jimmy Smits flying around in what appeared to be the car from Grease.
5. Darth Vaders 'Noooooooooo' scene. Hilarious.
6. Obi-Wan's "another happy landing" line. It was just not funny.
7. What is it about Star Wars and people getting limbs cut off? I think there may have been limb-removal in every one so far.
8. "It's over, Anakin! I have the high-ground!" Rubbish.
9. Anakin goes to the Dark Side a little too willingly. He seems to do this to save Padme but then sees no problem chopping up the "younglings".
10. The light-sabre fights were a little underwhelming given the hype that there had been about them.
11. General Grievous went from 4 light-sabres to 1 pretty quickly.

Still, I enjoyed it. Expected a lot worse.

okay nae bothered reading this entire thread but....

agreed, that nooooooooooooooo scene was so funny.

and i hated the dissolves... and star swipe and cut

overall though so fucking amazing!!!!!!

Wilbert said:
HERE BE SPOILERS!!!
2. The presence of Chewbacca. Why? He may as well not have been there. We only really know it's him when Yoda says goodbye to him.

7. What is it about Star Wars and people getting limbs cut off? I think there may have been limb-removal in every one so far.

10. The light-sabre fights were a little underwhelming given the hype that there had been about them.

2... heard chewbacca is a girl today is this to be believed?

7... lots of light sabre fights

10.... yoda is awesome but he was moving way too quickly, all i could see was a little green blur.

moc said:
10.... yoda is awesome but he was moving way too quickly, all i could see was a little green blur.

I think this movie was shot with some pretty high end digital shit and was intended to be shown on digital projectors... I don't know if UCI blanch has such hardware, but I for one found it impossible to focus on anything going on in the background CGI stuff.

pete said:
I think this movie was shot with some pretty high end digital shit and was intended to be shown on digital projectors... I don't know if UCI blanch has such hardware, but I for one found it impossible to focus on anything going on in the background CGI stuff.

i guess uci coolock probably had the same problem so... the light sabre fights were hurting the eyes at some points

when obi wan was flying down the holes in the ground shit to fight general whatyoumacallit, I had to look away, the background was wreckin' me buzz.

pete said:

moc said:
okay nae bothered reading this entire thread but....

agreed, that nooooooooooooooo scene was so funny.

and i hated the dissolves... and star swipe and cut

overall though so fucking amazing!!!!!!

yeah that was funny. The sorta Frankenstein-trying-to-get-used-to-heels walk was funny too.

Funny how it takes a lifetime of training to understand the force, but you can suss out the dark side just like that isn't it?

And by the way, weren't the other jedis pretty crap at fighting? All shot in the back by some junior storm troopers?

Really enjoyed the film though.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
yeah that was funny. The sorta Frankenstein-trying-to-get-used-to-heels walk was funny too.

Funny how it takes a lifetime of training to understand the force, but you can suss out the dark side just like that isn't it?

Yeah it was a total Frankenstein walk wasn't it?
Gotta love the old Yoda saying goodbye to the Wookies scene too, they just took that one from ET of course.

was it supposed to be some form of oooohh-maaaje?

Cormcolash said:
Yeah it was a total Frankenstein walk wasn't it?
Gotta love the old Yoda saying goodbye to the Wookies scene too, they just took that one from ET of course.

i have discovered that speilberg was meant to direct return of the jedi, and i know the reason why he didn't, and it's LAME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back