Star Wars Episode III (1 Viewer)

Re: Star Wars

it was very good, i must admit i never thought i'd like anything to do with star wars but i give it 2 enthusiastic thumbs up :)

YES!!!!!!!

saw it last night sitting on my couch.. i love piracy!!!

i thought it was so good, im going to see it on the big screen anyway.

too much love story crap but by the first 10 minutes in i was thinkin ' this is fan-fuckin-tastic!'

20 minutes in I was thinking to myself 'this already kicks the ass off the other two'. A couple of small things did mar it, like the Darth Vadar scene, which they couldn't have en-shittened any more if they'd tried. Perhaps it was tea time and they were all starving and wanted to go home, so they thought 'ah sure that's grand, his auld staggery walk and the shouting of NOoOOo, no one will notice we only did one take'.

I love you - you're beautiful - NOO! YOU'RE beautiful!

I had to put my hands oo'er my ears.

yes!! of course. i have to admit, it pissed me off that someone so fab as hayden christensen had to be burnt to shit.

it's not real life, it's not real life, it's not real life

ernesto said:
but 'oh so exciting' too right?.......................right?!

ok, so the big twist in this film is THERE IS NO TWIST.

so unimaginative, just star wars by numbers. Surely they could have thrown in some kind of extra turn of events to actually make the film interesting? and the pace of the film was terrible, like a bad kids cartoon, you know like someone shouts lookout and a laser fires overhead and then they go 'destroyers!' and it beaum beaum, and then 'oops watchout' lalala, fucking shite. and what was with the scene with padme naming the kids? man the whole thing felt like he couldnt get it over with quick enough; ok what do u want to call this one? cmon cmon cmon cmon. luke ok, great, and this one, yeah yeah leia, super. NEXT!

Im going to be really contraversial now and say that i thought the first two were actually better than this. yes thats right BETTER. hrrmmph.

Palpatine/Emperor was the only good one in it...

why were you expecting a twist though?

I thought the sense of timing was way off, you had no idea how much time had passed, that was my main gripe with it. He comes back to padme at the beginning and she was barely up the duff, 10 minutes later she's waddling, with no proper sense of the passage of time. In the other ones when they jump to light speed you know they're going far far away and it takes time, but there was no sense of that in this at all. Also, I couldn't understand why Padme was suddenly such a wimp - gone from strong female role model, queen and player in the senate to a lip trembling nancy. It didn't fit.

We were discussing it as we were walking home and a lot of the premises were extremely thin but then that's Star Wars. Like a good fucking talking to by Padme or Obi One would have sorted Anakin out, his reasons for going over to the dark side were thin at best. But I don't expect credulity from a film which is set in space, (or which is written by George Lucas) so I enjoyed the spectacle of it. A huge amount actually, and far more than the previous two. Less hammy dialogue and more action.

Wavioli said:
ok, so the big twist in this film is THERE IS NO TWIST.

so unimaginative, just star wars by numbers. Surely they could have thrown in some kind of extra turn of events to actually make the film interesting? and the pace of the film was terrible, like a bad kids cartoon, you know like someone shouts lookout and a laser fires overhead and then they go 'destroyers!' and it beaum beaum, and then 'oops watchout' lalala, fucking shite. and what was with the scene with padme naming the kids? man the whole thing felt like he couldnt get it over with quick enough; ok what do u want to call this one? cmon cmon cmon cmon. luke ok, great, and this one, yeah yeah leia, super. NEXT!

Im going to be really contraversial now and say that i thought the first two were actually better than this. yes thats right BETTER. hrrmmph.

Palpatine/Emperor was the only good one in it...

ok, it would be cool if there was some sort of twist, something unexpected wud be inneresting and there was a distinct lack of a timeline.

also, the epic Saber fights between the chancellor/yoda & ob-wan & annikan were pointless. we know the end result.... they all flippin live. the bits with chewbacca were just for the sake of it..
LUCAS: "how can i milk theintroductoin of the wookie-guy? hmmm......
fuck it, he's yoda's buddy.... yeah, thatll work, ill just throw in a couple of growls and wookie wails"

love bits were drawn out and made me cringe a bit but the second they were over we were like 'k, fuck that, worth putting up with cause now its back to the action'

enjoyable.

At least the other two films had some element of 'ohh rigght' about them, this one had nothing. It was all 'yess, and...', i guess not a twist i was looking for, but you know what i mean...

Totally agree about the timing though, like why the fuck was it necessary to show them buiding the death star? luke was just born, it takes them the best of 20 years to build it once, but then whip it up in a month or two after the little upstart blows it up the first time...

I did enjoy the film, but god the more i think about it, the more it annoys me...

kirstie said:
why were you expecting a twist though?

I thought the sense of timing was way off, you had no idea how much time had passed, that was my main gripe with it. He comes back to padme at the beginning and she was barely up the duff, 10 minutes later she's waddling, with no proper sense of the passage of time. In the other ones when they jump to light speed you know they're going far far away and it takes time, but there was no sense of that in this at all. Also, I couldn't understand why Padme was suddenly such a wimp - gone from strong female role model, queen and player in the senate to a lip trembling nancy. It didn't fit.

We were discussing it as we were walking home and a lot of the premises were extremely thin but then that's Star Wars. Like a good fucking talking to by Padme or Obi One would have sorted Anakin out, his reasons for going over to the dark side were thin at best. But I don't expect credulity from a film which is set in space, (or which is written by George Lucas) so I enjoyed the spectacle of it. A huge amount actually, and far more than the previous two. Less hammy dialogue and more action.

yeah, for the sake of people like Wav, George Lucas should have made a short flick that revealed the plot in the opening credits. kinda like this:

"A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away:
anakin gets his missus up the duff, thinks she's going to die, thinks the dark lord can save her, turns to the dark side, kills a load of jedi's, has i little fight with obi and gets fried down a volcano for getting too cocky. they patch him up and give him a new name"

what do you people expect

Stan Bowles said:
I thought it was great. Couple of awful scenes, but on the whole exceeded expectations. And this fella, holy FUCK....

grevious_publicityshot.jpg

Yeah I know, holy FUCK, what a let-down! You see him in the Clone Wars animations, he takes on like 5 jedis at the same time, so I'm expecting some sort of epic light-saber duel from him. Instead you have this guy that can take on 5 Jedis at a time being taken out by 1 Jedi. Fuck sake.
Just like the bit where Mace Windu confronts The Emperor, he has 3 Jedis with him, you're expecting epic 4 on 1 action, instead you get one of those old kung-fu films where the bad guys all rush the good guy one at a time and get their shite beaten in. Fuck sake.

kirstie said:
20 minutes in I was thinking to myself 'this already kicks the ass off the other two'. A couple of small things did mar it, like the Darth Vadar scene, which they couldn't have en-shittened any more if they'd tried. Perhaps it was tea time and they were all starving and wanted to go home, so they thought 'ah sure that's grand, his auld staggery walk and the shouting of NOoOOo, no one will notice we only did one take'.

I love you - you're beautiful - NOO! YOU'RE beautiful!

I had to put my hands oo'er my ears.

No spoilers

But seeing as you brought it up I burst out laughing at the noooooooooooooo.

It wasn't very good. Only McGregor gave a good performance. Jimmy Smits did quite well with what he was given (which wasn't much) and Portman (for the third Star Wars film in a role) was given the worst dialog in the history of the world ever.

What are you people on about? The emperor was shit.

Yeah McGregor is really good as Obi-Wan. I was also remarking last night that Jimmy Smits does very well for what he has, agree there too. Emperor wasn't shit, but like I was saying he was too over the top. Like anytime he gets in a fight he spends to whole time laughing. He could be hanging over a cliff by his fingertips, and he'd still be fuckin laughing. What the fuck is that about? Portman was indeed utter bollocks.

Also at this point I must mention the plague of Hollywood. Comic fuckin relief. WHY DO FUCKIN MORONS OVER IN AMERICA THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO COMPLETELY RUIN ANY TENSION THAT MAY BE AMOUNTING IN A FILM WITH SOME STUPID FUCKIN 'WITTY' SCENE THAT IS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY AND TOTALLY CONTRIVED? DICKS.

It happened in Lord of the Rings, it happened in Star Wars.
This is why action films now are not as good as they used to be. It used to be that any attempt at humour would actually be written into the dialogue as part of the film, and when you get a guy like Arnie saying the line, it is automatically hilarious. Nowadays though, because the standard of dialogue writing is quickly becoming diabolical, rather than write funny lines into dialogue to be made part of the film, shit-heads will contrive entirely new scenes which are meant to be funny but which simply break up the continuity of action sequences and fuck things up. As a testimony to this behaviour, I give you:

r2d2-photo1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back