Star Wars Episode III (1 Viewer)

not quite as good as 'around the survivors a perimeter create' - that bit had me hyerventilating with hysteria in AOTClowns
pete said:
best line of the film, that was

nahhh

the best line in the film was this:

"only a sith speaks in absolutes"

pure star wars!

:D

That was one of the veiled references to Bush's America, I think. Like Annakin saying "If you're not with me, you're against me", which is straight from the mouth of Bush, or at least his speech writers. Or what about Padme saying "all along the thing we think we've been fighting against is right here among us" or whatever, or "so this is how democracy ends - with applause". The robot guy with the four light sabers, Darth Skeletor or whatever, that was obviously Donald Rumsfeld, and the guy from Once Were Warriors was obviously Colin Powell.

Interesting analysis Snaky. Who was Condoleeza Rice? yer wan from Jabba's palace with the 2 pronged rubbery head? I believe Sy Snootles is modelled on Barbara Bush.

snakybus said:
That was one of the veiled references to Bush's America, I think. Like Annakin saying "If you're not with me, you're against me", which is straight from the mouth of Bush, or at least his speech writers. Or what about Padme saying "all along the thing we think we've been fighting against is right here among us" or whatever, or "so this is how democracy ends - with applause". The robot guy with the four light sabers, Darth Skeletor or whatever, that was obviously Donald Rumsfeld, and the guy from Once Were Warriors was obviously Colin Powell.

Oh yeah also, saw a sign in the window of a Clintons card shop this weekend and it was advertising the fact that only Clintons were selling a Yoda doll, with a picture of Yoda and the tagline 'Only available in Clintons am I'

yeah, completely. This has been mentioned up the thread but he was actually mostly able to talk proper in the first 3 films - perhaps he copped himself on with age.

goodo, im not alone so.

ernesto said:
YES!!!!!!!

saw it last night sitting on my couch.. i love piracy!!!

i thought it was so good, im going to see it on the big screen anyway.

too much love story crap but by the first 10 minutes in i was thinkin ' this is fan-fuckin-tastic!'

snakybus said:

cool.

noticed the script references alright, but obi-wan saying my quoted line (only a sith speaks in absolutes) was in respone to the "either with us or against us" line. i doubt lucas was aware of the irony of the response (that is: to say that only somebody does something is to speak in absolutes yoursmelf).

underestimate lucas, i may.;)

billygannon said:
Just saw it last night.

Darth Vadar: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Comedy gold.
you don't even know how to spell Vader

fucksake like

For example, they
can influence that midichlorian
bullshit to create life.

HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN
Create life? Wait, are you implying
that my supposed virgin birth was--

nice one, i thought i was the only one who picked up on that.

kirstie said:
oh yeah I forgot about that whole thing!

yeah, i only remembered cos on the way out my pal sarcasticallly said "so he was his father all along," jokingly referring to darth vader being luke's father,
but at first i thought he meant ian was hayden's father, and took a moment to think about it and then went "ahhhh yes"
but then everyone disagreed with me.
it really was slipped in there a little too ambiguously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back