Star Wars Episode III (1 Viewer)

Re: Star Wars

kirstie said:
Pete. I hate to break this to you but...we sort of already know the ending.
ah but the detail... the detail.

e.g. going in to send in the clones i had no idea what yoda would be getting up to....

Given that *everybody* accepts that the last 2 films (last five if you agree with me) were fckin' SCRUFF, why would anybody think this was gonna be any good? (I know this is pointless to point out to the fanboy base. BTW, 1/5 stars from the guardian today).

It doesn't need to be any good. It just needs to close off something most of us have been waiting a real long time for.

(ps - does anyone actually take any of Peter Bradshaw's reviews seriously? I honestly thought they were someone just having a laugh)

THRILLHO said:
It doesn't need to be any good. It just needs to close off something most of us have been waiting a real long time for.

So, you don't need it to be good, you just need it to be over?

People let so much slide with these films because they want them to be good and I can understand that. I would like them to be good too. They certainly always had the potential to be good, but there was always one big beardy obstacle to that. Lucas himself.

He can't write dialogue, he can't write plot (certainly not plot that ties the trilogies together) but what he can do is surround himself with enough talented designers etc to make it look like anything good is all his doing!

That beardy bastard!!!

Anakin Skywalker gets corrupted by Senator Palpatine and turns to the dark side of the force, killing Jedis as he goes. Skywalker turns into Darth Vader, Palpatine turns out to be the Sith Master Darth Sidious, and before he goes bad Skywalker gets Amidala up the duff. The end.

Cormcolash said:
Anakin Skywalker gets corrupted by Senator Palpatine and turns to the dark side of the force, killing Jedis as he goes. Skywalker turns into Darth Vader, Palpatine turns out to be the Sith Master Darth Sidious, and before he goes bad Skywalker gets Amidala up the duff. The end.

are you George Lucas?

THRILLHO said:
(ps - does anyone actually take any of Peter Bradshaw's reviews seriously? I honestly thought they were someone just having a laugh)

Me! I think he's hilarious when he puts the boot in. Especially when he does a review via the medium of rhyme...:p

I found this pretty funny...

pvp20050510.gif

i haven't seen the second one but i'm probably going to see the new one, can someone summarise for me what i missed?

ah g'wan!

hop said:
i've just seen it this morning at a press screening

meh

Agreed. Hayden Christiansen = worst actor ever.

Does anyone else think Yoda is a pain in the hole? Why does Lucas try and make us take him seriously when he has the voice of Fozzie Bear?

Wacka wacka wacka...

Catwoman said:
Does anyone else think Yoda is a pain in the hole? Why does Lucas try and make us take him seriously when he has the voice of Fozzie Bear?

haha! in fairness, it's for 6-11 year olds to take him seriously, as most of us obviously did at the time.
love his syntax i do.

I don't think Christensen is a bad actor, I think the dialogue is bad and Lucas is pretty shite at directing actors now. he's probably off eating stars wars memorabilia while he should be giving direction to ol' Hayden. seriously, I found there were some moments in clones where Christensen was quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back