Star Wars Episode III (1 Viewer)

Re: Star Wars

Latex lizzie said:
really?(not surprised though) how bad? scale of 1-10?

I'd give it !bog!bog!bog!bog and a half toilets. There's more battle scenes than the other two but the acting is so, so bad. Lucas even managed to fuck up the bit with the proper Darth Vader. *sigh*

Latex lizzie said:
really?(not surprised though) how bad? scale of 1-10?

hmm

good bits, of which there are many, give the film about 8/10 i reckon (best light sabre action to date)
bad (ie: cringe) bits, (of which there are fewer than the other two films mind you) take away about 5 or 6 of those points. Its that kind of film. You'll know exactly what i mean when you see the principal skinner moment at the end

yoda's backwards grammar - i'll have to check the originals but i'm sure that yoda didn't use that syntax *every single time he said anything*
i mean - that bit in empire when luke says 'i'm not afraid' and yoda goes 'you will be.....you WILL be....'. If lucas had is way back then yoda would have said 'be, you will.....be you WILL.....' instead. Christ but it grates on the nerves :(

kirstie said:
then not very good is it? Hmm???

Just sayin, there are moments where you just hang your head and cry, plotting the demise of that bearded twunt. Those moments kind of ruin the good bits for me

Oh I've felt like that about the other two. I find watching them on DVD and skipping past all the excruciating bits (for example, anakin and padme wrestling with beasts in fields etc) restores your faith in Star Wars.

hop said:
Just sayin, there are moments where you just hang your head and cry, plotting the demise of that bearded twunt. Those moments kind of ruin the good bits for me

kirstie said:
Oh I've felt like that about the other two. I find watching them on DVD and skipping past all the excruciating bits (for example, anakin and padme wrestling with beasts in fields etc) restores your faith in Star Wars.

:) well there are fewer of those scenes to skip past in sith so that's summat.
no more threepio 'what a drag' type crap either mercifully

hop said:
:) well there are fewer of those scenes to skip past in sith so that's summat.
no more threepio 'what a drag' type crap either mercifully
Yeah that was a relief. But let us not forget:

“You’re so beautiful.”

“That’s only because I’m so in love.”

“No, it’s because I’m so in love with you.”
:eek:

Oh mahhjaysis.
for serious?

Catwoman said:
Yeah that was a relief. But let us not forget:

“You’re so beautiful.”

“That’s only because I’m so in love.”

“No, it’s because I’m so in love with you.”
:eek:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Once again I win, from what is being said here, the new Star Wars film is obviously just as bollocks and flawed as the other 2, yes! I mean, if they even manage to fuck the Darth Vader bit up, what hope is there?
I've said it all along, all they needed to do was kill off Skywalker and introduce Vader in the first 5 minutes, proceeding to send him on a big killing spree, then it would have been the best Star Wars film yet.

Hayden Christensen is a good actor (although not in Star Wars, where everybody is crap). Check out 'Shattered Glass' and you'll see him act his little socks off.

Also, Samuel L. Jackson can fuck right off. This thing where people think he's so cool, really annoys me. Y'know who started that? HE DID!!!

Someone on TV the other night said that there were too many famous people in the new movies and I agree. No-one knew who anyone was in the originals (except Guinness and Cushing).

And Yoda is the most annoying little shit ever. With his backwards syntax. You would think the Jedi council guys would send him off for some elocution lessons. He is bound to cause some kind of catastrophic misunderstanding talking like that.

The little green shit.

what, like 'send up three and sixpence, we're going to a dance'?

Wilbert said:
He is bound to cause some kind of catastrophic misunderstanding talking like that.

The little green shit.

Chinese whispers. There's some apochryphal tale about the words 'send up reinforcements, we're going to advance' being sent down the ranks during Some War and when the order got to whoever it was going to, it had been turned into 'send up 3 and 4 pence, we're going to a dance'

see? This is exactly how yoda, and indeed the Jedi could find themselves in hot water in the Senate.
Wilbert said:
This may be the most bizarre sentence that I have ever read.

can i just say, firstly i haven't read through this thread. secondly, i have never watched any episodes of star wars ever, but tonight i'm going home to watch episode I , then tomorrow night II, then Thursday the 2.30 show in the EYE and then the rest thereafter....i'm quite happy that i'm getting to see it the right way

Wilbert said:
Hayden Christensen is a good actor (although not in Star Wars, where everybody is crap). Check out 'Shattered Glass' and you'll see him act his little socks off.

Also, Samuel L. Jackson can fuck right off. This thing where people think he's so cool, really annoys me. Y'know who started that? HE DID!!!

Someone on TV the other night said that there were too many famous people in the new movies and I agree. No-one knew who anyone was in the originals (except Guinness and Cushing).

And Yoda is the most annoying little shit ever. With his backwards syntax. You would think the Jedi council guys would send him off for some elocution lessons. He is bound to cause some kind of catastrophic misunderstanding talking like that.

The little green shit.

Samuel L Jackson rules.

kirstie said:
Chinese whispers. There's some apochryphal tale about the words 'send up reinforcements, we're going to advance' being sent down the ranks during Some War and when the order got to whoever it was going to, it had been turned into 'send up 3 and 4 pence, we're going to a dance'

see? This is exactly how yoda, and indeed the Jedi could find themselves in hot water in the Senate.

I get it. Slow, I am.

Also, Cormoclash, Samuel L. Jackson does not rule. Ever since Pulp Fiction, I struggle to remember a good movie he was in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back