Springsteen v Kathy French Hot Press (1 Viewer)

Dear Jesus!!

On the face of it, the two women have nothing in common; Veronica was a crusading investigative journalist who shone a beam of light into the dark and vicious underworld of criminal activity in Ireland.

Linking Katy French to Veronica Guerin because both deaths were 'drug-related' -eh... okay...

In the aftermath of the journalist's death -- and that of Garda Gerry McCabe -- public outrage finally penetrated the inertia of the Government of the time to take on the criminals

Bringing the death of Gerry McCabe into it? He was killed by the 'RA. Right, so.

It's time to stand up and be counted. Just say no. Rosa Parks did, on a bus in Montgomery, Alabama, in December 1955, and look what happened.

Rosa Parks??? Rosa Parks???

That has to be the most fucked up article I've ever read in my life.

I think she would've been better calling it a Crusade rather than a Revolution. Everyone loves a crusade, right? Just like everyone loves a cokehead.

westbrook.jpg

Let the revolution begin at home! So mandatory drugs tests for all journalists to start with!

Once again professions are cynically listed,

the models, the accountants, the teachers,

with no mention of those working in media, the biggest consumers of the drug in my opinion.

"In some ways the events of the last week are reminiscent to some metaphysical hybrid of the death of Jesus, the Russian revolution and an historical event in the future that will be so momentous that it is going to change the way we feel about air & love forever"

Fucks sake

wow; that reads like a 14 year olds speech at a school debate. to be delivered with maximum theatrics and waving of hands(pardon pun).

That's exactly what it's like. There's also an element of 'oulwan trying very badly to be down with the street' to it as well

It's been re-branded as "nose candy", a glossy product sold by middle-class dealers to middle-class clients.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/superstar-with-a-vulnerable-air-1241738.html

Then she told me her life story, dazzled me yet again with how smart and self-aware and honest she was, and then we hung out a while and talked about everything. Then she drove me home, playing me Leonard Cohen songs. I don't think I'll ever listen to Tower of Song again without thinking of Katy a little bit. "I was born like this, I had no choice, I was born with the gift of a golden voice."

the independent are turning this into an utter farce.

There is more shit being written and talked about cocaine than anything I can ever remember, this is turning into a collective dementia on a par with the moving statues.

Where can I get some of this cocaine stuff? I want to try it.

We have the Prime Time special tonight, with the shocking results gleaned from running swabs along toilet cisterns the lenghth and breadth of this dear country. The island of Snorts and Sinners

Where can I get some of this cocaine stuff? I want to try it.

According to the Daily Mail it's easier to get than a pint. And another tabloid (The Sun) today bizzarely claimed it's 'easier to get than a box of smarties in rural Ireland' so there ye go.

Personally I think it's easier to get than a burger and chips but slightly more difficult to locate than a Yorkie bar.

According to the Daily Mail it's easier to get than a pint. And another tabloid (The Sun) today bizzarely claimed it's 'easier to get than a box of smarties in rural Ireland' so there ye go.

I never have a problem finding a pint, but Smarties can be difficult to locate. What about red Bounty Bars? Gold-dust, I tell ya ...

Oul wans are sprinkling it on scones in Dingle, priests are snorting it off the tabernacle in Killybegs, and oul farmers and dropping it into pints of black and tan in Belmullet, to give a bit of kick to the pint of plain.

One of the brightest little boys in Ireland who is also the greatest hurling prospect this country has ever seen was asked the other day what he wanted to be when he grew up.

His answer? Anything at all as long as it involves cocaine.

STOP THIS MADNESS

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back