Springsteen v Kathy French Hot Press (1 Viewer)

my girlfriends older brother was at his show in tripod over the weekend. aparently he was so shit, he gave everyone the dvd half price to apologise for the crapness of it all.

whenever i saw him in temple bar, i would actually walk in the other direction for fear that i might become lyrically entombed in one of his "comical" ditties
...wanker...
:mad:
- leigh

thats what i was thinking

is it a little weird that the police are holding back the results of her post mortem?

I don't think thats weird at all. I thought they'd say nothing until the inquest (which could be up to a year or so). They generally don't release information such as the outcome of a toxicology report, until the hearing. I guess its no one else's business up to that.

But my guess is that there'll be an investigation by the gardai, the results of which will need to be sent to the DPP to see if criminal charges need to be brought in relation to this death. The inquest can't be opened until the DPP makes their determination.

Unfortunately, I've been to inquests in the past. They are probably the least pleasant thing in the entire universe. I'd rather someone licked my eyeballs than have to go to another one.

As for those two dudes in Mullingar, I don't think the coincidence is anything more than an increase in reporting of hospitalisations due to possible substance abuse. A doctor was talking about that this morning as well.

I think the reporting of two lads in Waterford was also a result of an increase in coverage of cocaine-related deaths after the Justine Delany-Wilson book, and then Katy French was a coincidence.

Imagine if they started reporting all alcohol-related deaths? None of us would get a fucking thing done all week, and it would seem like the end of the world.

Just sayin', like. Still have no time for coke users, but they're talking about it like it's an isolated problem. I have a good friend who had a heart attack at 25 from coke, but she admitted that it's not a coke problem she has, it's a booze problem. She'd do coke so she could keep boozin', but the hospital just saw it as a coke issue because that's what technically caused the heart attack. Ireland's coke problem is not far off that, but writ large, I think.

If it's who I am allegedly thinking about, I allegedly heard a story or two about this person's alleged activities, too. Allegedly.

who is it?!!

Off topic, but the media are reporting two other fellas in 'critical' condition in Mullingar General this morning. Though it's not been said outright, it's the lead news article on RTE, so the subtext seems to be 'coke related'...hmmm, what is going on? Surely this is not a coincidence? Must be either bad stuff out there, or alternatively, there's a new craze for speedball mixtures.

one of the headlines this morning said "gardai to tackle cocaine classes" or something like that...

As for those two dudes in Mullingar, I don't think the coincidence is anything more than an increase in reporting of hospitalisations due to possible substance abuse. A doctor was talking about that this morning as well.

I think the reporting of two lads in Waterford was also a result of an increase in coverage of cocaine-related deaths after the Justine Delany-Wilson book, and then Katy French was a coincidence.

Imagine if they started reporting all alcohol-related deaths? None of us would get a fucking thing done all week, and it would seem like the end of the world.

Just sayin', like. Still have no time for coke users, but they're talking about it like it's an isolated problem. I have a good friend who had a heart attack at 25 from coke, but she admitted that it's not a coke problem she has, it's a booze problem. She'd do coke so she could keep boozin', but the hospital just saw it as a coke issue because that's what technically caused the heart attack. Ireland's coke problem is not far off that, but writ large, I think.

You could be right. I knew a guy who died earlier this year (coke/ecstasy) and it made none of the papers, and his name wasn't on the list of 'coke related' deaths that was bandied about in the papers the last few days either.

Wait till meth really hits Ireland. Will make the coke problem seem like a walk in the park

Off topic, but the media are reporting two other fellas in 'critical' condition in Mullingar General this morning. Though it's not been said outright, it's the lead news article on RTE, so the subtext seems to be 'coke related'...hmmm, what is going on? Surely this is not a coincidence? Must be either bad stuff out there, or alternatively, there's a new craze for speedball mixtures.

Maybe Animal House was on recently and people want to be Ireland's John Belushi?

I picture the Sindo staff as a very angry octopus who hates everything except mute pretty girls and mickeyless lads. It has the bottom of Cilla Black's face, a Farmer's Journal for a forehead, a big gnarly nose like an old spud in the back of the press, and there's always steam coming out its ears, which are pointy and also gnarly and have pincers on the tips. It has a short-and-sensible haircut and sits on top of a big pile of wellies, tricolours and catechisms. And when it breathes, it wheezes a little and it sounds like praying. Also, it has shifty eyes and really unruly eyebrows that go crazy when it's angry about the blacks or the wimmins or the DRUGS DISGRACE or the silly people who want dumb things like 'truth' and things that are 'fit for print' and it goes ABSOLUTELY FUCKING BANANAS when it sees a celebrity and it smells like TV3 on the top and onions underneath.

Inside in its brain, there is a tiny robot who sits at a desk, pulling levers and operating the arms, and there are eight of those (octopus, duh), which write each section of the newspaper, and then there is a tiny rat with really pointy yellow teeth, and a tiny mouse that Kevin Myers really wants to fuck inside a dirty teapot.

That's MY SINDO. What's yours?

Leave off, the Sunday Independent is an important bulwark against communists; additionally, in Ruth Dudley Edwards it brought us a perm fit to embellish the fantasies of every virile male.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back