South Africa to win! (2 Viewers)

NZ and Aus just didn't take their matches seriously, and they fucked up. They are still better teams than those the four teams left.

I think New Zealand really aren't up to much. It's all talk.
Two finals in 20 years. Only one win.
When it comes down to it, they simply can't compete with the other top teams.
They take friendlies seriously, which ordinary teams don't.

They go on and on about it's their second or third string team who are touring. But then all those players play to get on the first team so they play seriously. The other team are practising and wind up getting hammered. So NZ go away thinking they're amazing.
Yet when it comes to the big occasion - to the proper World Cup games - they're shocked because all those teams they thought were shit are actually playing seriously and turn out to be, well, rather good - and better than them.

I mean the facts speak for themselves. In competition, England, Australia and France have better records than New Zealand. And if South Africa win next weekend, I'd rate them higher than the All Blacks.

It's all just image. And anyway, all their best players are nicked from Samoa and Tonga.

I think New Zealand really aren't up to much. It's all talk.
Two finals in 20 years. Only one win.
When it comes down to it, they simply can't compete with the other top teams.
They take friendlies seriously, which ordinary teams don't.

They go on and on about it's their second or third string team who are touring. But then all those players play to get on the first team so they play seriously. The other team are practising and wind up getting hammered. So NZ go away thinking they're amazing.
Yet when it comes to the big occasion - to the proper World Cup games - they're shocked because all those teams they thought were shit are actually playing seriously and turn out to be, well, rather good - and better than them.

I mean the facts speak for themselves. In competition, England, Australia and France have better records than New Zealand. And if South Africa win next weekend, I'd rate them higher than the All Blacks.

It's all just image. And anyway, all their best players are nicked from Samoa and Tonga.

well said. very true. they just seem to choke when things get serious.

I think I can speak for us all when I say...
GO. ON. THE. MOTHER FUCKING SPRINGBOKS.

For the love of God.
Win. Please win. Please.

You'd never hear the end of it if England won.
How can a team that rubbish be in the finals?
Oh yeah.
Wilkinson. Again.

For the love of God.
Win. Please win. Please.

Oh yeah.
Wilkinson. Again.

funny that. i was in a pub watching the match last night and there were a few people who said they were gonna be up for england next week...i couldn't believe it. i really thought this time you could guarantee ppl would be up for SA. but maybe not.

funny that. i was in a pub watching the match last night and there were a few people who said they were gonna be up for england next week...i couldn't believe it. i really thought this time you could guarantee ppl would be up for SA. but maybe not.

i was for england the otherday and i thought they deserved the win. I get a weird vibe these days that england really needs to win stuff - like to make up for something missing in their collective lives....

I have no relation to SA so it'll probably be a neutral final. I feel SA will take it though.

No
I'll be supporting England.

The thought of a SH team winning it is unthinkable. I want all the smug SANZAR pricks sent home with their tails between their legs.

And England have surpassed their expectations so much it's almost touching. Especially since they've been such a basket case for the last 4 years. The new humble England are allright and if it can't be France I'd rather it was a 6N team before SA.

For the love of God.
Win. Please win. Please.

Oh yeah.
Wilkinson. Again.

Yes, South Africans are known for their modesty, shyness, and diplomatic way with words.

the thing about england in this world cup is that nobody expect anything from them. after the SA group game who would blame them. since then they have been playing ugly rugby extremely well. best pack in the tournament by a fucking mile and both robinson and wilkinson are on fire. they are getting more sure of themselves with each game and i would not be at all surprised if they beat SA by 2 or 3 points.

i'd have no problem with england winning. it would be a turn up for the books, but not as much as a surprise as greece winning that shambles in portugal a few years ago.

And England have surpassed their expectations so much it's almost touching. Especially since they've been such a basket case for the last 4 years. The new humble England are allright

That's the thing, the English media isn't building them up like mad the way they did 4 years ago or like they always do with the footballers, similarly the side isn't packed full or arrogant wankers like Johnson. They're an honest side, brave and willing to do the hard work and they're performing better than they've got any right to do.

That being said, it'd be a bit of a shame if a guy like Brian Habana, who is a genuinely great player lost in the final to that lot of mostly journeymen.

That being said, it'd be a bit of a shame if a guy like Brian Habana, who is a genuinely great player lost in the final to that lot of mostly journeymen.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd rather see England win than South Africa.
Always found the Springboks to be arrogant pricks.

The English media have been quiet this time around.
You hear a lot more Irish people complaining about 'never hearing the end of it' then you do English people crowing about their victory.

Look at Munster.
Will they ever let 1978 ago?
A book.
A play.

It was a victory over a touring side not a World Cup win.

1954 World Cup
Group stage
Hungary 8 West Germany 3

Final
West Germany 3 Hungary 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back