South Africa to win! (1 Viewer)

springboks have a right to be arrogant...they're f*ing amazing and they are going to hammer england on saturday. bring it on I say...all england has is the boot of wilkinson. england won't win with penalties and drop goals alone. they have to score tries and there's no way that will happen.

I just worked out that if we put our money together, collect €1000, then go to Paddy Power and bet €277 on South Africa and €723 on England, we are guaranteed…..*GUARANTEED* to make €38 between us, no matter what.

€38 dudes.

Free money, who’s in?

springboks have a right to be arrogant...they're f*ing amazing and they are going to hammer england on saturday. bring it on I say...all england has is the boot of wilkinson. england won't win with penalties and drop goals alone. they have to score tries and there's no way that will happen.

No one has the right to be arrogant.
I have talked with three nobel prize winners, Jim Callaghan (UK PM before Thatcher), Mary Robinson, Garret Fitzgerald, Sean Kelly, Billy Gannon and various other impressive people (at least in my mind), none of whom seemed arrogant in the slightest.

I would say if you are arrogant, you are covering up for something, or frightened.

No one has the right to be arrogant.
I have talked with three nobel prize winners, Jim Callaghan (UK PM before Thatcher), Mary Robinson, Garret Fitzgerald, Sean Kelly, Billy Gannon and various other impressive people (at least in my mind), none of whom seemed arrogant in the slightest.

I would say if you are arrogant, you are covering up for something, or frightened.

eh...i was only joking. sport shouldn't be taken so seriously. the best team will win on saturday because they've played the best rugby. i guess though i'm biased seeing as i grew up in SA.

eh...i was only joking. sport shouldn't be taken so seriously. the best team will win on saturday because they've played the best rugby. i guess though i'm biased seeing as i grew up in SA.

Oh right.
I dunno. I didn't hear all this Boks are arrogant thing till now.
I heard that they were tortured in rivers and stuff last year.

I didn't like them for a good while when they came back, but I think that was because... I dunno, there was no black lads on their teams. I was thinking they are an African team, they should have a fair number of African looking dudes on the team. If they dont, there is something up.

I do think that about arrogant people though. I think they are scared of something, insecure. They are missing something, and they are scared people are going to find out.

Oh right.
I dunno. I didn't hear all this Boks are arrogant thing till now.
I heard that they were tortured in rivers and stuff last year.

I didn't like them for a good while when they came back, but I think that was because... I dunno, there was no black lads on their teams. I was thinking they are an African team, they should have a fair number of African looking dudes on the team. If they dont, there is something up.

I do think that about arrogant people though. I think they are scared of something, insecure. They are missing something, and they are scared people are going to find out.

in 1999 (when they came back to win) they had at least 3 black guys on their squad. i think they actually make a point of it. it's actually compulsory.
sorry, i'm a bit rugby mad ;)

in 1999 (when they came back to win) they had at least 3 black guys on their squad. i think they actually make a point of it. it's actually compulsory.
sorry, i'm a bit rugby mad ;)

Right, they had a few later, but when they came back initially (92) they had next to none I think.
I remember that pissed me off a bit.

But, later they had a few black lads, so I relaxed with the hating.

I doubt it will work. See if it's possible.

I tried, it ain't possible. :(

Right, they had a few later, but when they came back initially they had next to none I think.
I remember that pissed me off a bit.

But, later they had a few black lads, so I relaxed with the hating.

I remember that confusing the hell out of me when I was young.

South Africa won the World Cup in 1995 - first time of entry.

god, you're right it was 1995, not 1999. i was there for it. when mandela came out onto the pitch in his springbok jersey. amazing. he's been invited to the final tomorrow but they're not sure he's well enough to attend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back