Songs I loved but couldn't remember enough to find (1 Viewer)

This is up there with finding the Whistling Song
Whistling Song | thumped.com

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and also finding Hey Fever by Arab Strap...courtesy of @nlgbbbblth after years of searching for it under The Fall!

There was a song I heard on the radio a few times in 1999 that I found very intriguing at the time and I never managed to catch the name of the song or the performer. It was quite long as far as I recall, the music was quite strange and there was dreamlike lyrics (more like spoken dialogue really) with this woman on trial for something or other. Someone (the judge probably) was asking her to confirm her name and she said it was something like Miss Staves and proceeded to spell it out but the letters she used didn't spell "Staves" or anything remotely like it. She kept on insisting her name was Staves and that it was spelled with these letters, she didn't even seem to acknowledge that the spelling was confusing and I don't think the rest of the song was basically going over and over this name issue.

Does this ring any bells?

There was a song I heard on the radio a few times in 1999 that I found very intriguing at the time and I never managed to catch the name of the song or the performer. It was quite long as far as I recall, the music was quite strange and there was dreamlike lyrics (more like spoken dialogue really) with this woman on trial for something or other. Someone (the judge probably) was asking her to confirm her name and she said it was something like Miss Staves and proceeded to spell it out but the letters she used didn't spell "Staves" or anything remotely like it. She kept on insisting her name was Staves and that it was spelled with these letters, she didn't even seem to acknowledge that the spelling was confusing and I don't think the rest of the song was basically going over and over this name issue.

Wow, sounds intriguing...

This has been troubling you for some time sir.

Years ago I used to download mp3s using mp3 specific searches like musgle.com I loved some of the random things I found. Two songs stick out.

One was a European band, like German or Scando accent and the song had the line "I'm sitting in the corner, where the bottles and the bubbles are" or some such. It was mislabeled as Radiohead but in my recollection was a decent enough tune, kinda like a low tempo dEUS number or something like that.

Another tune, that I will probably never be able to find again, was one in Polish/Ukrainian/Russian (probably one of those) that sounded like it was recorded in the 1960s or was a '60s Merseybeat type pastiche. It had an amazing melody and was recorded beautifully but its name and how I could track it down remains a mystery to me. I think I might have put it on a compilation cd for someone back in the day but I can't recall for whom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back