Something nice, please? (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 148
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 3
hag said:
try? i've been trying since i met you, to quiet this incessant yearning and turmoil in my heart. you promised. you said everything was going to be ok. you said you knew what i needed, that i needed you. "the love of a good woman" i think you called it. you are a good woman. but this goes deeper. all i can see is us, sitting in two old armcahirs in some run-down hotel at a seaside resort looking out over the sea. never saying anything to each other. my hand brushing off yours every now and again, making sure you're still alive. both of us just sitting there, endlessly, gathering dust and cobwebs.... make me believe again baby, please.
you can believe. because i still believe. look at me. do you see the person you married? because i'm still here. i still feel in my heart eveything i felt when our eyes first met across a crowded lionel richie concert. i can still see you in your work clothes without laughing.
you mean everything to me. let's take a holiday in connemara together and rekindle that magic.

Liadain said:
you can believe. because i still believe. look at me. do you see the person you married? because i'm still here. i still feel in my heart eveything i felt when our eyes first met across a crowded lionel richie concert. i can still see you in your work clothes without laughing.
you mean everything to me. let's take a holiday in connemara together and rekindle that magic.
sometimes i do. i don't mean to be so hard on you... sometimes when i hold you, it feels like i could never hold another woman in the same way. when you lie on my chest and fall slowly to sleep, as your head rises and falls with my breathing, it almost makes me feel invincible. when you whimper, as if some spectre has invaded the kingdom of your dreams, all it takes is the touch of my hand to calm your breathing. and everything is well again.
but the doubt... shadows from the past and warnings from the future... please, let go of me... let me die alone or let us turn to light like you swore.

jane said:
Guys, c'mon, it's like TV3 in here.

Oh, look, here comes the mom from Family Ties, all done up like a battery hen. Another movie about saving a failed marriage? Yay!
edit: you're just jealous of our love.

hag said:
sometimes i do. i don't mean to be so hard on you... sometimes when i hold you, it feels like i could never hold another woman in the same way. when you lie on my chest and fall slowly to sleep, as your head rises and falls with my breathing, it almost makes me feel invincible. when you whimper, as if some spectre has invaded the kingdom of your dreams, all it takes is the touch of my hand to calm your breathing. and everything is well again.
but the doubt... shadows from the past and warnings from the future... please, let go of me... let me die alone or let us turn to light like you swore.
awesome
where do you get this shit from?

i mean, yeah, let the light-turning begin! for if i was never again to lie in your manly drummer's arms, never to listen to the beating of your heart, my world would be a dark place, a place where i would weep amid the alien corn as i stood below the rising moon.

Liadain said:
awesome
where do you get this shit from?

i mean, yeah, let the light-turning begin! for if i was never again to lie in your manly drummer's arms, never to listen to the beating of your heart, my world would be a dark place, a place where i would weep amid the alien corn as i stood below the rising moon.
it came from my heart liadain. ok, i'm willing to give it another shot. here goes... ............................................... ...................................... ..................................... ...........................got any prozac?

jane said:
No, but you could hire yourselves out to wanna-be bulimics who like their fingers clean.
what? if you're bummed out about us hi-jacking your thread, just start a new one. what did your last post mean?

hag said:
it came from my heart liadain. ok, i'm willing to give it another shot. here goes... ............................................... ...................................... ..................................... ...........................got any prozac?
i will lovingly feed you prozac as we make love accompanied by a string quartet and a man with a tray of champagne.

jesus, what is it going to take? this really dumbfounds me... how can people think i'm serious? about anything i say on thumped? why does this stuff annoy and irritate people so much and why are threads i start clung to like sinking ships? answer me this! if i said half the stuff on my mind... oh man.

jane said:
As in, verbal emetics. Puke-generators.

Guys, best of luck saving your union.
why are you do down on a bit of silly playfulness? we're having a buzz! ??? are you irritable today?

jane said:
As in, verbal emetics. Puke-generators.

Guys, best of luck saving your union.
ah, i don't know how to spell bulimia obviously... are you sure that's right? mrs. know-it-everything?

hag said:
will they be looking at us? making love?
they might sneak a peek alright..why? do you not perform well with an audience? they can be blindfolded if it's an issue

jane said:
I'm not. I'm so nowhere near as irritable as I was yesterday.

Despite not being able to stomach even the ironic content of the lovers' tiff, it is hardly an irritant.
we are not lovers. we have never fallen asleep together. this is a play. a play on words. man, you can be harsh when you want to be... you seem awfully irritated for someone who isn't irritable. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back