Something nice, please? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 148
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 3
hag said:
you need both though... you'll have forgotten about that kittie in a couple of days, not because you didn't love her, but because you don't have memories of her. it's a horrible thing, to witness anything dying, to have something just plucked from your life like that. you have no say in it. but if you loved what's gone, after a while, you only remember the good things. i don't know what my point is. i'm sorry about the kitty but i'll tell you more stories about my dogs when i see you. this was for liadan.
eh?

i'm actually starting to really miss my cat, and this thread isn't helping. i don't know what couldhave happened to him...there are only about 2.5 roads around here so if he'd been in an accident we'd surely have seen him? schniff... he was such a lovely fat stupid thing. i had him for 7 years. i hope he's gone to a wuvly cat heaven. i'm actually crying now.

egg_ said:
Wouldn't be so sure about that
It's a good behavioural strategy to hang around humans, with all the food waste we generate, dogs and cats may have domesticated themselves
You and your evolution :)

Are you sure this contradicts what jane said? Was it not a good behavioural strategy precisely because we tolerated them taking our food, and letting them share our caves and whatnot?

Liadain said:
huh, let's see.. six foot tall and oily? yeah, you meet the criteria!
i'm not going to say anything mean about you, i'm just not. i thought what we had was special. i'm devastated, i really am.

Anthony said:
Something nice.

while driving my lad to creche yesterday I was putting on some music in the car and said to him "do you want to hear some Sabbath?" to which he shouts "No, I want rock!". So I said "Sabbath is rock". Grand.
Then this morning, same thing "do you want to hear some Sabbath?" He shouts back "Sabbath IS rock!!" We dig Sweet Leaf on the way to cheche.
He's 2.

(less of the pets getting killed stories, too many bad memories)

Now THAT is a nice story. I remember driving a friend's kids around once, and, when I asked what they wanted to listen to, the girl (then 4), called out, 'BLACK SABBATH!'. Awesome.

Also, my next door neighbour's son has called me 'Rock and Roll Lady' since he first started to talk. I think it was actually one of his first multi-word phrases. When he hadn't seen me for a day or two, he used to stand outside the door and whinge, 'Rock and roll? Rock and roll?' and when he'd spot me from down the road, he'd start pumping his fists and shouting the same phrase excitedly. Again with the word expressing awesomeness.

hag said:
i'm not going to say anything mean about you, i'm just not. i thought what we had was special. i'm devastated, i really am.
i just can't win with you, can i? do you want to be an oil painting or not?

hag said:
look, just forget it, ok?
no, i'm not letting this go without a fight. if we have to go to counselling, if we have to get someone else to look after the kids for a while, so be it. but we're going to work this out - together!

Liadain said:
no, i'm not letting this go without a fight. if we have to go to counselling, if we have to get someone else to look after the kids for a while, so be it. but we're going to work this out - together!
i want a divorce. i'm too comfortable with you. there's just too many silences and not enough shouting. and anyways, there's so many people in the world. i've stopped seeing you as someone who inspires me. you've become someone i'm just glad to see and cuddle and the end of the day. i just wanted us to spark off each other for ever. but not like this. never like this. you said you'd turn into light... and all you did was wear a sequin dress (once).

hag said:
i want a divorce. i'm too comfortable with you. there's just too many silences and not enough shouting. and anyways, there's so many people in the world. i've stopped seeing you as someone who inspires me. you've become someone i'm just glad to see and cuddle and the end of the day. i just wanted us to spark off each other for ever. but not like this. never like this. you said you'd turn into light... and all you did was wear a sequin dress (once).
you know the light is till there - you can see it in my eyes. and i in yours. let's do some of the things we used to do. Go to some of the places we used to go. let's dance the night away in the pale moonlight.
WE COULD HAVE SOMETHING TRULY BEAUTIFUL HERE, IF ONLY YOU'D JUST TRY

Where is the LOVE!?

Forgot this bit. Realised this morning, while looking at yet another smug, constituency-fucking leaflet from Fianna Fail, that I rightly recognised the guy standing on the side of the road yesterday, the guy who was watching the kitten suffer in its own gore, looking at it unaffected, might I add. It was -- I'm quite sure, though not 100% -- none other than our local Fianna Fail Councillor. He had canvassing in his eyes and a magic gold pinky ring full of brown envelopes and teflon.

He expressed some empathy with ME (since, you know, I'm a constituent and all) because I was too distressed to talk votes, but since kittens can't vote, who cares, right?

It's true: Fianna Fail Hates Kittens.

Liadain said:
you know the light is till there - you can see it in my eyes. and i in yours. let's do some of the things we used to do. Go to some of the places we used to go. let's dance the night away in the pale moonlight.
WE COULD HAVE SOMETHING TRULY BEAUTIFUL HERE, IF ONLY YOU'D JUST TRY
try? i've been trying since i met you, to quiet this incessant yearning and turmoil in my heart. you promised. you said everything was going to be ok. you said you knew what i needed, that i needed you. "the love of a good woman" i think you called it. you are a good woman. but this goes deeper. all i can see is us, sitting in two old armcahirs in some run-down hotel at a seaside resort looking out over the sea. never saying anything to each other. my hand brushing off yours every now and again, making sure you're still alive. both of us just sitting there, endlessly, gathering dust and cobwebs.... make me believe again baby, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back