so, the offies are closing from 10pm tonight... (1 Viewer)

Kind of silly legislation, in that it won't make an impact.
But I've had enough.
The majority of Irish people are gobshites when it comes to drink. You can have lax laws in Spain or Italy or France becasue they don't piss on their mother's graves or vomit onto pensioner's doorsteps or fall through shop windows when absolutely elephants every Wednesday/Thursday through Sunday.
I've had enough.

Shop in Holland close at eight and thats their version of an off license for drink anyways. You have to have everything bought in by then and just manage. On a Sunday there's very few shops open only petrol stations.

And what happens when next year's stats show this has done fuck all to fix anyfuckingthing?
Problem is we're governed by a troop of sheepshaggers voted for by sheepshaggers, racist morons and wealthy asshole buisnessmen.

There's a couple of bits of this act that'll screw up gig venues to one extent or another..
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Extended opening hours for events to which the public are admitted will be conditional on the premise having an adequate, and fully operational, CCTV system.[/FONT]
That'll cost some venues a few quid.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Opening hours for premises with theatre licences will be brought into line with the rules and time limit provisions applicable to premises with on-licences.
Sanctions, penalties and enforcement
[/FONT]
Some venues use theatre licenses at the minute, don't they?

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Extended opening hours (special exemption orders) for late bars and nightclubs will be subject to stricter conditions, e.g. compliance with fire safety standards and licensing standards for private security personnel. [/FONT]
Good news who prefer their bouncers slightly more civilised. Possibly.

Well yesterday, I was minding my own business playing a leisurely game of boules in St. Kevin's Park and enjoying a can or two like a good homeless person would when the parkie came by and said to put our cans away, so like good citizens, we poored the nearly empty ones out and binned then.

Parkie was unfortunely helpless to do anything about the gang of eight 14/15 year-olds who had stolen a box of twelve bottles of wine because of course they "hadn't opened it" (yet)... and of course he was powerless anyway because there was eight kids who seem to know nothing but wrecking everything and dressing like remarkably camp day-glo clothes.

What can the laws do about that!?!

Also wahts the bets that bouncers don't become more civilised? Its not their job to be civilised, fortunately or unfortunately.

Well yesterday, I was minding my own business playing a leisurely game of boules in St. Kevin's Park and enjoying a can or two like a good homeless person would when the parkie came by and said to put our cans away, so like good citizens, we poored the nearly empty ones out and binned then.

Parkie was unfortunely helpless to do anything about the gang of eight 14/15 year-olds who had stolen a box of twelve bottles of wine because of course they "hadn't opened it" (yet)... and of course he was powerless anyway because there was eight kids who seem to know nothing but wrecking everything and dressing like remarkably camp day-glo clothes.

What can the laws do about that!?!

sounds like the Parkie viewed the Boule players as an easier target.

yes it is, you loon

what's the big deal, moaners? buy your booze when you go shopping.
do you wait until you wake up before you buy your breakfast?

The bouncer' job is to stand at the door looking threatening and regulate who comes in and who doesn't... politeness has never come into it. Of course as humans, a bit of decency is often expected but I have learnt to make an exception for bouncers.

are we not supposed to vote on shit like this? dang there goes my 12.30 drunken stagger to the offie, also its a pretty handy money making racket getting cash off kids to get them drink, gonna be a little harder now, morals are easier to suppress in darkness but still gonna be bright at 10, feck.

The offie where I live closes at 9.00 anyway, but this still annoys me. The licensing laws in this country are rubbish. They are after doubling the fee they charge for a special exemption now too. If you want your pub to stay open an extra hour of an evening it's going to cost €410 a pop!

I'm going to dither all day about whether I want a can tonight or not and then I'll decide to go get one at 10:01pm.

Then I'll have to wreck the gaff :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back