snow (3 Viewers)

@scutter ; My phone app weather thing is predicting a possibility of snow on Monday? I know its very early to tell but what ye reckon?

I was just checking the weather sites there now. Theres a lot of conflicting info coming from the various models used to predict these things. At the moment no one knows anything more than that the current settled spell should end this weekend. What comes after will be anything from extreme cold to mild and windy to more of what we have now. It is set to get a little colder than it is now by friday, but my feeling is that there isn't anything too dramatic on the way just yet.

If anything changes or if the forecasters start to agree I'll post here.

yes, but its unusual in that its normally possible to predict with reasonable accuracy to 5-8 days. At the moment thats more like 2-5 days.

there are 2 weather systems battling to move over Ireland. One involves cold. The other involves not as cold.

so yes, plenty of weather

bah, snow potential is starting to rise for the forecasts around 7 days from now.

still time for that to change but too many of those poxy models are starting to agree on it and they even mentioned it on RTE last night.

light dusting of snow on the hills near Deansgrange this morning...should I go and attach those snow chains I got in Lidl ?

I overheard two lads blabbing about how great australia is yesterday and then all of a sudden the conversation switched to snow next wednesday. met.ie was less certain about it yesterday.

looks like a lot of northern europe could get a dusting later in the week. The brits have been told to more or less expect it to happen. The likelihood in Ireland has increased but is still very much in doubt. It all depends on how far west that weather front makes it. And that depends on how strong the atlantic influences are. So even if we do get some, it may only be the east/south-east of the country.

still very up in the air but as mentioned, looking increasingly likely. How long it'd last for if it did happen, I have no clue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back