snow (2 Viewers)

great snow. bloody bus wouldnt go the whole way up so had to walk an extra half hour. then other day i slipped on my arse cause of silly snow but luckily i had a book to save mve my life

Madam, – While driving home in the snow on Wednesday, I had three times to leave the comfort of my car to push the car ahead of me up an icy incline where it had become stuck. I did this not out of any great desire to help my fellow motorist (frankly, I hate them all), but because I would otherwise have had an even longer journey.

However, even this meagre level of cynical and self-interested social solidarity appeared to be beyond my fellow drivers, not one of whom I saw help anyone. All other assistance I saw being given was from pedestrians, predominantly the hoodied youths so popularly targeted by media instruments as being the source of all social ills, who were merrily heaving vans out of ditches with glad cries which I fear an organ of your reputation would not publish.

I found it to be a disturbing illustration of the levels of mé féin-ism and incompetence in certain sections of Irish society today, and a useful reminder that unfettered competition is sometimes no match for co-operation in achieving results.

– Yours, etc,
CORMAC DUNCAN,
Thornleigh Avenue,
Swords, Co Dublin.
http://www.irishtimes.com/letters/

Crap, our water's gone. Not too sure if the pipes are frozen or burst.
I guess pouring hot water on the ground around the house wont fix it?
:(

Crap, our water's gone. Not too sure if the pipes are frozen or burst.
I guess pouring hot water on the ground around the house wont fix it?
:(

i heard from a few people that water is gone up near Leeson Street area.
so it might not be just your house pipes but the general area. ...if that is where you live.

i fell too and since i already had fractured ribs am in a bit of pain to say the least. damn my purple knees!

i fell too and since i already had fractured ribs am in a bit of pain to say the least. damn my purple knees!

Benylin with codine. You can get it over the counter at any Pharmacy. Codine is a pain killer. I suggest you drink half the bottle. You'll feel nothing but love and sleepy. Codine kicks the shit out of paracetamol so need to take it if you're already having codine.

I broke down on the M1 this morning. Two hours sat in my car while it snowed. it was freezing cos the heating cut out. At least I had a book

Stop suggesting people drink half a bottle of codeine FFS

It's worked for me. I had horrible dental pain due to the fact I had two impacted wisdom teeth. Best the doctor would give me was paracetamol which did sweet fuck all for my pain and discomfort. I got by on Benylin with codine until I could afford the €1000 to have them removed.

I am by no means suggesting anyone take it recreationally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back