snow (5 Viewers)

wow, every school in norfolk is closed looks like
typical lazybollocks teachers

Yes, that's right. Because all teachers live in the school and find it very easy to get to work when there's a foot of snow outside. We just decided to close because we fancied a few days off. :rolleyes:

OR

The reality is that, in England certainly, a huge number of staff live miles away from work and can't just walk in like the majority of kids can. I haven't been able to get out of my street since the snow started on Tuesday night, as there is a foot of now frozen snow blocking everyone in. And after that I've a 13 mile journey to the town I teach in. I'm afraid I'm not going to risk my life, or my car, to get into work, just because it's inconvenient for parents to have to look after their kids in term time for a couple of extra days. It is also financially inconvenient for us to not get to work and exams start for 6th formers next week. My head teacher certainly does not take the decision to close the school lightly. Last time we had snow half as bad in December, we were the only school that opened, out of at least 5 high schools in the local area.
We also have to think about the fact that we have only 4 site staff to clear all the snow and on the school site to make it safe for students to move about on during the school day, and being a sprawling site with lots of stairs and walkways, this is quite a challenge, particularly when snow is falling sporadically, covering up what has already been cleared.

I must say I get a bit fucked off with all the "oh teachers are all lazy bollox anyway" shite that gets thrown about when things like this happen.

"here, decko, what'll we trow in de canal?"
"uh, a trolley? or some finely diced tamattas??"

4253559709_8711e83ce7.jpg

This is kinda funny

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Perfectly captures the society we live in.

Don't help or warn your fellow citizen of danger, instead, get a good spot and wait with your camera on.

I've to bring people to the airport at 5am. What's the likelihood of the airport being closed, or me making it home alive?

i was at belfast airport yesterday, half hour delays but the road was 100%, if the flight involves england then it will be late. the m50's too busy to get bad.

I think the train has proved itself the king of all the modes of transport during these treacherous times by being almost completely unaffected. Shit buzz though if you don't live near one or don't have buddies with a comfortable couch who live near one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back