Sleep tips please (3 Viewers)

Try taking vitamins like centrum or whatever and you can get these herbal tabs that help you sleep too. If all else fails i'll get my bird to whip up a few tranquilizers from the aul pharmacy and you be sorted in no time :)

jackpot;)!Eep any herbal tabs iv ever had the displeasure of being in contact with were very much antisleep!

I know you said you don't want to drink much alcohol so drink smart rather than drink hard. A glass of port could work wonders. Also, beers such as Rochefort 10 (if you can find it) or Chimay blue might do the job. A small amount of strong beer can be very effectve.

True,but its been a fair while since iv had a "dry" sleep,without a glass or two of wine/beer before bed,it just makes me feel that bit less refreshed in the morning

Get up and eat some turkey. Turkey contains tryptophan, a major building block for making serotonin, a neurotransmitter, which sends messages between nerve cells and causes feelings of sleepiness. Note that L-tryptophan doesn't act on the brain unless you eat it on an empty stomach with no protein present, so keep some turkey in the refrigerator for 3am.

I know you said you don't want to drink much alcohol so drink smart rather than drink hard. A glass of port could work wonders. Also, beers such as Rochefort 10 (if you can find it) or Chimay blue might do the job. A small amount of strong beer can be very effectve.

This man speaks truth. Chimay is sleep juice.

Ok, this works.
Wake up at same time every day, not later than 8.00
EVERY DAY. Saturday/Sunday.
Go outside, and get as much light on you as possible as soon as possible.
Stand in the light, face the sun for 5 minutes.
Eat.
Walk/cycle into work (get some exercise in the morning basically.)
Try to get some day light on yourself again during the day, at lunch time.
Eat a big lunch.
Get a bit of exercise to clear the work stress out of you (cycle home is fine.)
Eat a small dinner at 6/7, but not later than 8.
Chill out, watch film till 9.30 ish.
Chill out even more, read, do boring easy things, cleaning kind of thing.
Dont have TVs laptops in bedroom.
Get in bed, and try and continue the slope of being relaxed to falling asleep.

Even if you sleep badly, even if you are fucked, get up at same time the next day, and get sunlight on your skin. (Cloudy sunlight is fine.)

If you are wrecked, take a short nap at noon or something.
Always try to keep the bed time and wake time the same, always use the sunlight to try and reset your internal clock. The rest (for me) is less important.

oh yeah, Valerian gives you some fucking insano dreams. Fuck Valerian.

I might pick one up,just in case,cheers Wobs.

Get up and eat some turkey. Turkey contains tryptophan, a major building block for making serotonin, a neurotransmitter, which sends messages between nerve cells and causes feelings of sleepiness. Note that L-tryptophan doesn't act on the brain unless you eat it on an empty stomach with no protein present, so keep some turkey in the refrigerator for 3am.

Ha ha class!I almost *want* to have trouble sleeping now if it means I could get up and feast on turkey and chimay at 3am!

Maybe you're gay? You might sleep better if you come out of the closet.

Nope,sher dont I like turkey and beer!?

Thanks,thats a goldmine of tips right there!
I think its just the lack of relaxing that was fucking me up too,up to last week I was pretty much working all day every day,Im gonna relax my face off this evening!

no worries.
work on tapering the relaxation, you know what I mean?
Like, you start at 8 say and bring it down a notch, and keep tapering till 11. You want to be almost not thinking at all at that point.

The main thing though is the resetting every with daylight, and the keeping the same patterns every day.
You have a clock inside you, and that clock is reset with daylight. If you reset the clock with daylight each morning, your body will be counting down from there.

Seriously. It works. There is proper serious science behind that circadian stuff.

Seriously, don’t go near the valerian (herbal tabs).
Well, try it sometime for a laugh, it can be very interesting, but it won’t help you get into a good sleeping pattern.

no worries.
Like, you start at 8 say and bring it down a notch, and keep tapering till 11. You want to be almost not thinking at all at that point.

The main thing though is the resetting every with daylight, and the keeping the same patterns every day.
You have a clock inside you, and that clock is reset with daylight. If you reset the clock with daylight each morning, your body will be counting down from there.

Seriously. It works. There is proper serious science behind that circadian stuff.

I'm gonna start this shit tomorrow, the last month has been the laziest of my entire life.

no worries.

I think Ill definately give this a go tonight.You talking 8 hours or more?

Yeah. Basically 8 hours max does me. I usually dont quite get the 8, but I still force myself up and do the sunlight thing even if I am up till 2 or something.

You can deal with it by telling yourself you will take a nap at lunch time if you really need it.

Like, I can deal with 5 hours or less per night, but I find my thinking is clearer with 8.

Although, if you are having a lot of vivid dreams just before you wake, you might want to sleep a little less. Frequent vivid dreaming is a sign you might be oversleeping.

get some lavender scent, sure it smells like old ladies but apparently a few drops on yr pillow works wonders. also long walks just listening to some music helps too, i' m on two weeks holidays at the minute and have been walking my dog twice a day for an hour and a half each time minumum and have been sleeping like a baby. fresh air totally knocks you out.

good luck:)

get some lavender scent, sure it smells like old ladies but apparently a few drops on yr pillow works wonders. also long walks just listening to some music helps too, i' m on two weeks holidays at the minute and have been walking my dog twice a day for an hour and a half each time minumum and have been sleeping like a baby. fresh air totally knocks you out.

good luck:)

Thanks very much!Got my headphones and favourite album lined up and plan on going on a little ramble in a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back