Sleep tips please (1 Viewer)

jimmybreeze

I got about 18 hours sleep after the picnic,and couldnt do anything that didnt involve pacing or the inability to concentrate yesterday.Scraped about four hours tops last night,it tooke me about 2 hours to get my shit together enough to head in to the library,and then I forgot some necessary stuff and had to head home again!

Im genuinely concerned that I may remain this braindead forever.

Any tips for a good nights rest?
No alcohol please,me and booze broke up last night*

(There'll still probably be the odd one pint stand tho)

A few days of going to bed at the same time and getting up at the same time. Let’s say, bed at 11pm, up at 7am.
No coffee, tea etc before bed.
Don’t use Valerian, it’s evil.

Get a day of work done, proper work like, not arsing around procrastinating etc. After that things will really begin to fall into place.

EDIT: yes, make your bed before getting in it. Clean sheets and all that. You gotta be comfortable.

Give it a few days, you'll be grand.

Try and go to bed early even if you don't feel like/can't sleep.

Read a book (worked well for me last night).

A few days of going to bed at the same time and getting up at the same time. Let’s say, bed at 11pm, up at 7am.
No coffee, tea etc before bed.
Don’t use Valerian, it’s evil.

Get a day of work done, proper work like, not arsing around procrastinating etc. After that things will really begin to fall into place.

this man speaks much wisdom. Listen to him. I'm on the same kind of buzz, only without the 18 hours sleep after. I've been to bed earlyish the last 2 nights (11ish) and up at 7:30ish. I feel myself getting back to normal.

Also, try and replenish the energy levels. If you're anything like me your immune system is probably down so you're susceptable to colds and shit. Eat lots of fruit during the day and drink lots of water.

And keep telling yourself, 'its only once a year'.

Oversleeping is almost as bad as not getting enough sleep. You're better off catching up on lost sleep by going to bed an hour or two early each night for a few nights than sleeping that long in one go.

If you're having trouble getting to sleep then valerian, droning music (stars of the lid, labradford or similar) or reading might help (or all three, which is what I've been doing lately).

Alcohol might help you to get to sleep but because you're body is working hard all night to metabolize it you don't wake as refreshed as if you'd slept without it.

this man speaks much wisdom. Listen to him. I'm on the same kind of buzz, only without the 18 hours sleep after. I've been to bed earlyish the last 2 nights (11ish) and up at 7:30ish. I feel myself getting back to normal.

Also, try and replenish the energy levels. If you're anything like me your immune system is probably down so you're susceptable to colds and shit. Eat lots of fruit during the day and drink lots of water.

And keep telling yourself, 'its only once a year'.

My sleeping pattern in the last few weeks had been progressively gettin worse,so just before the picnic it was about 630/7 in the morning!
I think early to bed, early to rise will be the plan from here on out!

You would not believe the amount of water I drank in the last few days!Im a big fan of liquids anyway,but I just could not seem to get rehydrated!

EDIT: yes, make your bed before getting in it. Clean sheets and all that. You gotta be comfortable.

Think Ill give it an overhaul this evening alright,it could definately be tidier!

I think Ill make me a to-do list for tomorrow then,get some definate work done.

You and your partner should have a child.
It's amazing how easily you sleep when looking after a newborn baby.

Oversleeping is almost as bad as not getting enough sleep. You're better off catching up on lost sleep by going to bed an hour or two early each night for a few nights than sleeping that long in one go.

If you're having trouble getting to sleep then valerian, droning music (stars of the lid, labradford or similar) or reading might help (or all three, which is what I've been doing lately).

The 18 hours sleep was pretty much unavoidable!
It was more of a casual coma broken up by brief periods of thirst and confusion!

Some stars of the lid will be definately on the cards tonight

You'd be amazed how much of a difference eating right makes to getting to sleep/getting up.

Porridge for breakfast,a few apples for lunch,and am whipping myself up a nice prawn curry for dinner!

Makes a total change from the barbequed burger/sausage variation I was working on for the weekend!

Have you tried doing some freaking excercise?
You'd sleep after a good game of ball, I tells ya.

Yeahhhh,went to the gym today,
It was hilarious.I was convinced someone near me had been drinking,but that was actually me just sweating out beer,nice!

Desperate times call for desperate measures I suppose!

The only hitch is the complete lack of partner
(well that and the desire to remain child free for as loooooong as possible! :p)

You could get a girlfriend by asking them to have a child with you so you can sleep better.

It might work!

Porridge for breakfast,a few apples for lunch,and am whipping myself up a nice prawn curry for dinner!

Makes a total change from the barbequed burger/sausage variation I was working on for the weekend!
That'll make it easier. I went off the booze and started eating healthy for a month there, never had trouble getting to sleep and was up no problem at 5:45am every morning. Went back on the sauce and started eating pizza and chips and shite, can't sleep before one or two, having trouble getting up for 8am.

I know you said you don't want to drink much alcohol so drink smart rather than drink hard. A glass of port could work wonders. Also, beers such as Rochefort 10 (if you can find it) or Chimay blue might do the job. A small amount of strong beer can be very effectve.

Try taking vitamins like centrum or whatever and you can get these herbal tabs that help you sleep too. If all else fails i'll get my bird to whip up a few tranquilizers from the aul pharmacy and you be sorted in no time :)

That'll make it easier. I went off the booze and started eating healthy for a month there, never had trouble getting to sleep and was up no problem at 5:45am every morning. Went back on the sauce and started eating pizza and chips and shite, can't sleep before one or two, having trouble getting up for 8am.

Yeah I usually eat really,really well,so even if I have only a few days in a row eating shite, I feel terrible!

You could get a girlfriend by asking them to have a child with you so you can sleep better.

It might work!

Scaring off prospective girlfriends is probably one of the only things I need absolutely no help with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back