Sleater Kinney to play Dublin in August! (1 Viewer)

lady lucan said:
...on 'janet'
...instead of looking like ahe had thighs for arms?

Oh, give the poor girl a break!
She's almost 40, and still one of the loudest and hardest-hitting rock drummers alive.

I couldn't really be bothered what colour her hair is, or what she washes it with.
Or how wobbly her upper arms are when she plays.
Just as long as she keeps rockin'...

but it should be biologically impossible to have arms that flabby if youre hitting drums for a living..

knowharramean?

incorrect - the muscles used in drummering are primarily in the fingers and wrist. can you imagine moving your arms in a fast, relaxed and rhythmic way if they were strained?

if she strapped dumbells to her forearms and played, she'd look like arnie. otherwise, if she wants tight arms, she'll have to do 500 pushups every night and hold her hand over a candle while staring in the mirror - just like me.

i guess the drumsticks are so light theres not much weight resistance..
hence the possibility of a drummer having flabby arms.

well i never.

so what about people who always eat but stay thin?
and people who call you luv when youve never met them before..

im guessing the mirror candle ritual is the trick to everything.

lady lucan said:
but it should be biologically impossible to have arms that flabby if youre hitting drums for a living

Well, if you're on the same stage as Carrie, you're going to look a bit flabby.
Carrie is so skinny, she could probably make Polly Jean Harvey look flabby.
If she wasn't all mad jumping around all the time, I'd be worried about her.

oh shit said:
incorrect - the muscles used in drummering are primarily in the fingers and wrist.
Aha... so fingers for gripping the sticks, wrist for most of the movement, and maybe
some triceps for heavier floor tom hits? But not much on the biceps...

The mystery of Janet's arms continues...

McGonagles said:
Well, if you're on the same stage as Carrie, you're going to look a bit flabby.
Carrie is so skinny, she could probably make Polly Jean Harvey look flabby.
If she wasn't all mad jumping around all the time, I'd be worried about her.

Aha... so fingers for gripping the sticks, wrist for most of the movement, and maybe
some triceps for heavier floor tom hits? But not much on the biceps...

The mystery of Janet's arms continues...

Not really. You're the only one that cares anymore.

Fresh off the success of last year’s The Woods, Pacific Northwest indie-femme stalwarts Sleater-Kinney have called it a day.
“After eleven years as a band, Sleater-Kinney have decided to go on indefinite hiatus,” according to a statement by the band. “The upcoming summer shows will be our last. As of now, there are no plans for future tours or recordings. We feel lucky to have had the support of many wonderful people over the years. We want to thank everyone who has worked with us, written kind words about us, performed with us, and inspired us. But mostly we want to extend our gratitude to our amazing fans. You have been a part of our story from the beginning. We could not have made our music without your enthusiasm, passion, and loyalty. It is you who have made the entire journey worthwhile.”

Final Tour Dates For Sleater-Kinney::
Jul 29 Mellwood Arts Center, Louisville, KY
Jul 31 Starlight Ballroom, Philadelphia, PA
Aug 01 930 Club, Washington, DC
Aug 02 Webster Hall, New York City, NY
Aug 04 Lollapalooza (Grant Park), Chicago, IL

fucks sake, sleater kinney take an 'indefinite hiatus' and on/off show no signs of doing so. what the fuck is wrong with the world?

fuck,it took me a while to realise this was an old thread so i've gone from elation to :confused: .missed this gig last year and only caught four songs at atp coz my girlfriend fainted.this is shit news

but but...they said they'd come back. they said they'd play again.
oh wait, so did at the drive-in

their gig last year was excellent- but someone i know saw them in leeds a few months ago and said they were awful..
thats a huge shame...
but theyve been going a good while and in a way im sorta glad theyre breaking up- could make for interesting new projects for each of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back