Sleater Kinney to play Dublin in August! (1 Viewer)

mwahaha that was Aideen (s-k on her chest) and I (I heart you s-k on my arms). I was tipsy and wanted to stage dive for joey ramone but everyone was so spread out. I was slightly bemused that only a handfull of the people there got as excited as i did. squares, the lot of them.
I love Modern Girl too, me and the other ex-riot grrrls sang along loudly and i'm so hoarse now. I felt like Sleater-Kinney just flew by!
before the show, when we were near that indie cinema we ran into Carrie. She's so shy! Then later on we ran into her and Corin who's simply lovely. I went off for a few minutes and just missed Janet!
Indeed, this was the best gig and best day of my life.

i love that just-seen-my-fave-band-ever vibe from a gig. its fucking slick. i wish elliott smith wasn't dead!

janet's an awesome drummer.

beetleonitsback said:
they did one song where they were turning their heads to the left and to the right in unison on the end of each bar, just for a minute or so. it was like something motley crue would do, it was hilarious. of course, i've now forgotten which song it was. someone tell me i didn't just invent this.

norks = tits
tits = found on women
sleater-kinney = women

(my flatmate = spiritualtramp, give out to her :) )

oh yeah, the crowd were a bit subdued in places, the people who weren't dancing should really have been taken out and shot or something

annoyed i missed that now. is it me, or were alot of the people there purely to see this "girl band" play? it seemed that way to me.

cheryl said:
annoyed i missed that now. is it me, or were alot of the people there purely to see this "girl band" play? it seemed that way to me.

fecked if i care. i dunno why people pay so much attention to whats going on around them at gigs. focus in, tune out background and go. thats how i work it with the occasional elbow in the ribs to friends.

beetleonitsback said:
norks = tits
tits = found on women
sleater-kinney = women

sleater = women + kinney

sleater/sleater = (women + kinney)/sleater

1 = (women + kinney)/sleater

fascinating.

carcass said:
fecked if i care. i dunno why people pay so much attention to whats going on around them at gigs. focus in, tune out background and go. thats how i work it with the occasional elbow in the ribs to friends.

it's a bit hard ignoring people around you at gigs though. you just want everyone to be enjoying it as much as you and when you look around and people are standing with their arms crossed it's annoying...these are people taking space up the front.

oh shit said:
maybe they thought the band sucked

then they should go home or leave the front open for the (as zeelander said) short or overly excited people. why stay up the front if you don't like the band? makes no sense to me and rude for us short people.

i can think of a few reasons

- hard of hearing
- forgot their glasses (happens to me allll the time)
- want to check out chicks playing on guitars!

Zeelander said:
Or maybe they're just enjoying the show in their own shy, nerdy way. Let them.

It should go without saying that the short and / or very excited should get to be at the front of all gigs though...

and hell were there a lot of short girls there. are all feminists midgets?

I had a good time...

Met Corin and Janet , got both of them to sign my skirt. As janet was signing my skirt I said............

It must be "quare" cool to be a rock star. Ive to go cry now at the fact that firstly I said that sentance and secondly that I added in the word quare. Fucking Enniscorthy bogger slang.

aw thanks, but i don't think a man can be a feminazi. only pro-feminazi, or a feminazi sympathiser.

it's fairly bucketing down now! i do hope the venue has a roof!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back