Slayer (1 Viewer)

underwhelming. glad i went, but spent a lot of time looking at my watch. and don't start me on the tedium of mastodon.

i thought the same. i missed most of mastodon but what i did see, the sound was absolutely pathetic.

Slayer were pretty shit really. So many mediocre or new songs. Terrible setlist choice. Myself joe and Trev were pretty much asleep by the time they finally played South Of Heaven. I have a feeling Slayer themselves felt the same.

Also - "Maybe we'd play here more often if you stopped throwing shit at us"

Aahhhh ahahahahahaha

Seems to be a common thing about Mastodons sound being shit. Everytime someone mentions something about seeing them they always comment on that. Was terrible in Belfast. They need to fire their soundman

Jesus I had to check the date on the posts to make sure you weren't talking about the Slayer/Mastodon gig back in Nov 05.

Slayer should have died immediately after Divine Intervention as far as I'm concerned.

i can honestly say slayer are way past their best, the show the other night was very average. The best thing from the whole show was the lights for seasons. Tom kept missing lyrics and fucking up as well which didn't help. the crowd were shit, cork really doesn't know how to rock.

I missed mastadaon but after seeing them in the ambassador i wasn't that pushed.

Slayer in cork = meh

Saw slayer and mastodon at leeds festival last year and found both pretty meh but put it down to the sound being dodge. The huge silent gaps between songs during slayer's set kinda ruined it aswell, araya was just looking at the crowd smiling, seemed fairly bombed out of it. Like kerry said a good few years ago, he's no james hetfield!

Got there sometime during Mastodon, left the tent again pretty soon as the sound was just awful. Sound was way better for Slayer if no great shakes, I went to the seated area down the back but the whole skipping lyrics from Araya was really annoying. You can have any beer you like as long as its Budweiser was very not fun indeed also

Slayer are fairly bollocks now in fairness. Kerry King is a clown and Tom Araya is an ageing Jabba. Bo-shooda.
He doesn't even scream any more - just sort of goes "Gaaaaaaaaah". Bennies.

I like Dave and Jeff though.

Well, Tom's alright too.

I hate Kerry.

You can have any beer you like as long as its Budweiser

:D

ah metallers would swallow any old shite as long as its "real metal" and the like. why do they insist on telling you this is the 11th time i've seen em etc etc...i'd rather see 11 different bands to be honest.

slayer were boring onstage and the lights were fit for a rave.

while their classics sounded great they certainly aint no MEGADETH.

Hahaha I didnt hear that Budweiser thing at all. Christ.

Those lights were fucking punishing. Being an epileptic, I had to keep covering my eyes. Sake.

Actually did anyone notice those pink lights!?!? Pink lights at a Slayer gig.

Forgot about the skipping lyrics thing as well, that was pretty bad. I think it was during Seasons In The Abyss where Tom was halfway across the stage, obviously forgetting he was supposed to start a new verse and pegging it over to the mic to try to start singing on time. Haha.

Some guy behind me on the way out was like "that was the best gig i have ever seen in my life".

I'm always moaning... It's all I know. You wouldn't believe how relieved I was that the gig wasn't good.

nothing wrong with moaning...usually means you have high standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back