Sinusitis due to mould on walls (1 Viewer)

Green Goblin

My sinusitis has not and according to several online resources will not get better due to the mould on the wall. I can't moe out for another 3 weeks(length of notice), the estate agents show no interest in removing the mould. If I have fungal sinusitis it will most likely require surgery.

I am constantly ill and can't attend my training course during the day at this stage.

I am wondering if there is any way to get some form of damages out of this, or get my desposit back earlier. I have no place else to go at the moment, this is crazy. They've known about this for months.

Yee HAW!

You should throw a load of grass seed on the carpets and water them the day you move out.

And piss in a wardrobe.

And leave yer dirty mags in the wardrobe too.

That'll learn them.

what about their website?

or you can call them. but expect to hold for a while.

alternatively, citizens information have a drop in centre in
cork; it's on the far end of south mall. that is to say the
opposite end to where it joins to grand parade. go up the
street on the left hand side heading from town, pass the
block that ends with the imperial hotel, and it's a couple of
doors past on the next block. or across the road from the
passport office. or just 80 south mall. should have just said
that in the first place!

my girlfriend starts volunteering there this morning; if you
see her say hi. she'll be the one who looks fairly hungover.

or, maybe ask threshold. dunno if they're much use but it's
worth a go. they seem to have moved... they used to be
down near fredz; apparently they're on 22 south mall now.

hope this helps!

Did you try washing the mould off the walls? As far as I know you can buy stuff in hardware shops that kills mould. I know you might feel it's not up to you as you're leaving there etc but you still have to put up with it for a few weeks and if it's making you sick you should probably do something about it.

Did you try washing the mould off the walls? As far as I know you can buy stuff in hardware shops that kills mould. I know you might feel it's not up to you as you're leaving there etc but you still have to put up with it for a few weeks and if it's making you sick you should probably do something about it.

the mould always comes back. If its reached the stage of having loads of spore in the air (which is making you i'll) theres not a lot you can do short term.

this time last year I got a fever that lasted several months, that disappeared when I moved out of the mouldy hole that was my old flat.

the mould always comes back. If its reached the stage of having loads of spore in the air (which is making you i'll) theres not a lot you can do short term.

True dat but if he's only there for three more weeks it might improve things a bit. I've had various health problems from mould too (rhinitis and the like). Not much you can do other than leave and make sure the next place you move into is in better condition.

you can paint over it when potential new tenants are due to be shown round, like our classy landlords.

You need to go to threshold about this, the citizens info centre, while well meaning, are useless. I think threshold are around the south mall area as well.

yeah Threshold are good for that stuff alright. they painted over the mould in our gaff recently, I'm patiently awaiting it to reappear....

ideally, being painters they should have a coat of aqua sealant round the whole are, then worked up to a finish with oil based or plialite (plialite is almost coloured glue).

depends on the source too.. blocked spouting outside?? adjacent tree?? bad roof seal?? or is it interior based. a badly used kettle can do plenty in terms of mold, as can drying clothes indoors and taking showers without good venting.

I guess I can go back to threshold. Thing is they just seemed to be about getting me out of that place and into a new one. I need somewhere to stay until then. If I had somewhere to go out in Cork during the day maybe. Does the library have free wifi?

if I were to hazard a guess I'd say no, they don't. they have
computers for internet but there is a charge, so I doubt they
let people come in off the street for nothing. still, I could be
wrong so it's worth checking. otherwise, short of sitting
outside on the steps of the courthouse on washington street,
the only 'free' wifi you'll get will be around town in bars like
the pavillion or the raven, or maybe a few cafés. a pot of
tea is nice and cheap though so it's probably a better, more
comfortable alternative to an internet café.

if you're too sick to do your course, are you not too sick to
go around town though? of course the catch 22 is you stay
at home and you're no better off. sounds like a balls.

yeah, try threshold again, but don't strike off citizens
information without having a quick ask. it's voluntarily
staffed, and my own experience has suggested that the
advice you get might be very much dependent on the
person you talk to. in other words, it can't hurt to ask.
they're on the same street as threshold too.

alternatively, slaughter your landlord and seal the walls
with his congealed blood.

if you're too sick to do your course, are you not too sick to
go around town though? of course the catch 22 is you stay
at home and you're no better off. sounds like a balls.

This is exactly the problem. I'm mostly looking for places to go in the afternoon/evening though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back