Sinead O'Connor..take a fucking bow. (2 Viewers)

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
She musta been on the Arthur Scargill yesterday

7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
He's having an anxious time this little one anyway

Well on the plus side, at least it's not all over Facebook with his photo

Sinead O'Connor

Wow. I just found out that in Ireland there is no official legal age at which it either is, or is not illegal to leave a child home alone! Recently my 8 year old son was left home alone all night without my knowledge while the relative in charge of him went drinking. The child was not even informed he had been left alone but figured it out for himself eventually. He was frightened and vomited and was very upset and naturally has asked I ensure this will never happen again. He is sometimes left in the day time by another relative while shopping is being done etc. He doesn't like it. Upon requesting oaths on his behalf that such things wouldn't happen again I was informed that I haven't the legal right to insist upon it. And that the child will again be left in the care of the person who left him to go drinking, if the other relative sees fit, and that I'm "being a bully" when I say that if that is the case I won't let the child go there. He's having an anxious time this little one anyway, as you can imagine, with what's been happening regarding his brother. I didn't believe it could be true that I can't insist upon his not being left alone. But it's true! There is no age at which it is deemed legally unacceptable to leave a child home alone in Ireland. So I can't protect him. I'm staggered. Is this the case in other countries? What would be the general feeling of
adults or children or young people if you are reading this?
Up to what age would you all feel it ought be illegal to leave children home alone? This is the child in question. Does he look old enough to leave home alone at night while you go drinking or in the day while you go shopping?
feeling shocked.

Theseus Mock

Threads
There is no age at which it is deemed legally unacceptable to leave a child home alone in Ireland. So I can't protect him.
How about not leaving your kid with this relative who keeps going out to the boozer? Or maybe that would solve Sinead's passive agressive FB rants.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

We're listening to...

• The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
    Memorial
    Explosions In The Sky
    The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
  • In The Zone
    Toxic
    Britney Spears
    In The Zone

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads