Should we do a TV show list as well? (1 Viewer)

I remember me and my mate genuinely wanted to write a show about a horse working in an office. We pitched it to people as a cross between Black Beauty and Mad Men. "We'll call it Mad Beauty OR Black...no probably Mad Beauty is best".

Reminded me of this thing I did for a betting company years ago..for which I never got paid

angry now
horseman.jpg
So..is Bojack Horseman worth checking out? I feel I'm being left behind on all things pop-cultural

Bake Off was deadly. I don't get all the hate for Rahul, he's just a nerd.

University Challenge and Only Connect make the best quiz hour. Thank heavens for iPlayer and VPNs.
didn't know there was hate for rahul. I felt a kinship with the welsh guy... john?

8-9 bbc2 on monday nights is a fixture here too.

mthk ngfm ssng vwls.

Fair point on the mental health stuff but if characters in a southern murder mystery didn’t drink copious amounts of booze in every scene I’d feel let down.
Completely agree. I'm also happy to pretend for one hour a day Amy Adams would look like that after a shoulder of whiskey.

Oh, I watched a season and a half of 13 Reasons Why, also. It was truly, truly dreadful.

Anyone else enjoy the Good Place this year? I just started binging it last week, half way through S2.
The Good Place is my fave hungover guilty pleasure.

So..is Bojack Horseman worth checking out? I feel I'm being left behind on all things pop-cultural
Me too...most of what I read / listen to / watch is ancient. I'm ok with that, generally.
Bojack is really good, great characters, well written and witty, but I find it quite depressing, ultimately. Like a proper downer after a while.

The Good Place is terrible. Did they fire all the good writers when writing this dumb as shit no jokes show?
fixed that for you. It's like hangover tv in that i assume the entire writers room was hungover the whole time while writing it. Here is every scene:

Character A: I'm just going to the shops.
Character B: SO STUCK UP, I CAN'T BELIEVE HER
Character A: What's with her?

***applause and much laughter***

Character C: This reminds me of the the dictionary definition of a philosopher which applies to you by the way.

All characters together: When I was alive I was sad.

****end scene****

This year I enjoyed enough to recommend:

Haunting of Hill House (until the last two episodes where it completely fell to shit and ruined itself)
Maniac (Was this liked or disliked generally?)
Killing Eve (except maybe the last episode where they had to set up the next season when it should have ended)
Wild Wild Country (just sang Wild Wild Life the whole time)
Did the End of the Fucking World come out this year or last year?

Still loads to catch up on, will probably watch recent Bojack Depressed Man and various Nicole Kidman Acts projects over christmas.

No? My only issue is I don't think season 2 can possibly be any good due to what happens in season 1.

Forgot Derry Girls was this year, I watched most of that in one night as well.

and Season 2 of Atlanta.

Also after all my moaning up there about The Good Place i watched most of season 2 and 3 over the weekend and while it's still not good I enjoyed it well enough to keep on going. It's like 1 in every 10 jokes is really, really funny and the rest just fall so very flat.

The first episode of Derry Girls on the other hand was amazing but for some reason I never watched the rest of it.

I know it was a show with two female leads so as True Detective S1 fans we find that hard but COME ON GUYS.

True Detective S1 had two male leads.

I was kidding.

WashingCattle would have had the decency to take offence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back