• Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
I notice that if I'm putting a lot of time into recording a choon,after about 3 days it starts sounding all wonky to me..does anyone else have this problem?

And if so how do you combat it?

Sounds like you're over listening. Try a ten spot of Mangy Dublin soap bar some earphones and a brisk walk preferably at night somewhere desolate (but not dangerous). One listen and then turn it off, if you slip it onto a mix tape and your monged enough you may even for a brief second manage to forget you made it and judge it solely on it's own merits. Or at least listen to it along side stuff you respect and make instantly forgotten mental notes on whatever it is sounds wonky like

"The Bass sounds a bit Farty"

Instead of trying to analyse it or figure out how to fix it there and then, because you'll be out doors and have no way of changing things you can get your head around what's wrong in the first place. Over listening is the devil. My advice number two is to not listen to anything until you have about ten things to listen to. That way you can get fixated on the positives instead of picking holes in one thing i.e

"song 8 has a nice bit about two minutes and the Bass is spot on in and song 6 has a decent melody and the guitar sounds good, the rest sounds utter shite but those two bits are grand"

Instead of

"This is fucking shit, What was I thinking"

notes

1. It has to be mangy hash, proper weed is no good for this process.

2. Cold wheather is good too.

3. Wonky in general is a good thing don't change anything.

That's my advice.

I'm gonna try that.nice one man.

Its a nuisance.Because its just when I'm ready to finish it up I start not being able to hear it right..its no way to run a hit factory.

Sounds like you're over listening. Try a ten spot of Mangy Dublin soap bar some earphones and a brisk walk preferably at night somewhere desolate (but not dangerous). One listen and then turn it off, if you slip it onto a mix tape and your monged enough you may even for a brief second manage to forget you made it and judge it solely on it's own merits. Or at least listen to it along side stuff you respect and make instantly forgotten mental notes on whatever it is sounds wonky like

"The Bass sounds a bit Farty"

Instead of trying to analyse it or figure out how to fix it there and then, because you'll be out doors and have no way of changing things you can get your head around what's wrong in the first place. Over listening is the devil. My advice number two is to not listen to anything until you have about ten things to listen to. That way you can get fixated on the positives instead of picking holes in one thing i.e

"song 8 has a nice bit about two minutes and the Bass is spot on in and song 6 has a decent melody and the guitar sounds good, the rest sounds utter shite but those two bits are grand"

Instead of

"This is fucking shit, What was I thinking"

notes

1. It has to be mangy hash, proper weed is no good for this process.

2. Cold wheather is good too.

3. Wonky in general is a good thing don't change anything.

That's my advice.

That's... that's exactly what I do. Spot on ^^

I've had an Oblique Strategies dashboard widget on my macs now for nearly a decade - Very useful for other creative things too other than music

I'm going out for a stroll around the church with a spliff.....I suspect the wonkiness to be gone by the time I get back.

Edit...I went to Brian Eno there and he said...............Go outside. Shut the door.

Washingcattle and Eno......cant be bad advice

overclocked machine that goes out of whack as soon as you put enough channels up and time on the processor.

happened a lot to me ATTEMPTING to remix tuneage.

didn't notice until I ACTUALLY OVERCLOCKED the machine. then is was obvious everytime I changed the tune and forgot the overclock before listening.

Yeah Motzer you have to watch out for that..its all to do witrh the cycles...I was considering overclocking my DAW but it rally's the bejayzes outta yer processor..halves its lifespan or summat

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back