Shit Books (1 Viewer)

I used to live with someone who thought keeping books in the crapper was 'disgusting'. That was weird. There are definitely books that I buy just for keeping in the bathroom, stuff that's light and written in short chunks.

When I lived with my parents they constantly berated me for leaving books or mags in the john so I've taken great pleasure in putting a shelf in the bathroom specifically for books!
Like yourself they're mostly quick reads-travel guides, those freebies with the Guardian (Greek Myths, 20th Century Poets) Granta, McSweeney's etc.

What's that John-Paul Sartre line?
"You're never truly free until you've done some DIY in your bathroom to spite your parents."

(Insert 'broken stools' gag here)

I've read a ridiculous amount of music books, must be 40 odd different books. The worst without doubt is this
OP51524.jpg

AVOID

if your getting a pixies book go for, fool the world: The oral history of a band called the pixies by Josh Frank & Caryn Ganz.

I agree, this is total wank.

On another matter, the free books you get with the Observer on Sunday are great for poos. There was one about Space a while ago and more recently one about geology and volcanoes etc - perfect bite-size reading while snipping off bog-sausages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back