• Start date
  • Replies 24
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 2

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
Lads I'm off on me hollyers in a couple of weeks and I NEED a 10/10 incredible book to read cos I'm flying solo and there may not be anything else to do when I get there.

Don't let me down nerds. What should I get?

THREE BODY PROBLEM

more like one body amirite
Chinese sci fi?!

I did not see that coming

I'm gonna add whatever recommendations to my library wish list and hopefully one of them arrives in time..and THAT shall be the holiday book

Chinese sci fi?!

I did not see that coming

I'm gonna add whatever recommendations to my library wish list and hopefully one of them arrives in time..and THAT shall be the holiday book
it's a bit of a slog but some great ideas in it

Lads I'm off on me hollyers in a couple of weeks and I NEED a 10/10 incredible book to read cos I'm flying solo and there may not be anything else to do when I get there.

Don't let me down nerds. What should I get?
Have you read Broken Greek by Pete Paphides? I loved it, and I got it for a couple of friends and they really enjoyed it too.

Either of the Mark O'Connell books are worth a read, I think To Be a Machine is a little better but would recommend either. He's a really sharp and funny writer and they go down easy, and he's Irish so it's always nice to get that angle.

Broken Greek is a great read, I'd also heartily recommend The Big Midweek by Steve Hanley from The Fall. It's a ridiculously bleak peek into how insane life in the Fall was, but told in a hugely entertaining manner.

I picked up The Man Who Watched the Trains Go By by Georges Simenon in the airport a few years ago when I was going off on hols, read the whole thing straight through, on a train as it happened, long journey.

"The Man Who Watched the Trains Go By, first published in English in 1938, is a crime thriller by Georges Simenon about a man's rapid descent into criminality and madness following sudden financial ruination".

I miss reading books and going on holidays

Broken Greek is a great read, I'd also heartily recommend The Big Midweek by Steve Hanley from The Fall. It's a ridiculously bleak peek into how insane life in the Fall was, but told in a hugely entertaining manner.
Read The Big Midweek..fucking amazing

I picked up The Man Who Watched the Trains Go By by Georges Simenon in the airport a few years ago when I was going off on hols, read the whole thing straight through, on a train as it happened, long journey.

"The Man Who Watched the Trains Go By, first published in English in 1938, is a crime thriller by Georges Simenon about a man's rapid descent into criminality and madness following sudden financial ruination".

That sounds brilliant!

Either of the Mark O'Connell books are worth a read, I think To Be a Machine is a little better but would recommend either. He's a really sharp and funny writer and they go down easy, and he's Irish so it's always nice to get that angle.

To Be a Machine is excellent! I'd forgotten about that other one, I must give it a read.

They don't have this in the sysrtem

I've ordered broken greek and lilis one about the apocalypse

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back