Shit Bass Players (2 Viewers)

fish-casteel%205-20-22-02.jpg

Unicron, I think you need a hug.

Anyway, I'm just back from a gig that The Chapters were playing at. Now, I don't know the bass player, though he is a good friend of a good friend, but he is exactly what I would call a good bass player.

He ain't Les Claypool, and that's fine. but he know's when to do fills, and when to just keep it simple, and when to use some (understated) effects. And his technique is impeccable. He's a bass player who went out and bothered his arse to learn how to actually play the instrument properly, which is something most bass players don't do. I was very impressed.

If you get a chance listen to Robert Randolph and the Family Band, they have a live cd called "Live at the Wetlands".

Their bass player Danyel Morgan plays a 6 string Modulus and fuck can he play. He does everything, improv, slap, regular rounded notes, but he walks up and down the fretboard effortlessly.

Id have to agree with SeanC. A bass player just sticking to root notes and farting about the e-string is lazy. It isnt very hard to learn how to use the whole fretboard.

pete said:
remember D-A-D? swedish band / two string bass?

2441_2_full.jpg

I didn't know clark kent played in a band.

technical bass playing (ala Les Claypool) doesn't necessarily make for good bass playing.
for the perfect combination, it has to be rob wright from nomeansno.

Damon_Kind said:
Oh no. Its just beginning. The future of bass. :D

Good bass player: Bernard Edwards

Good bass player: Greg Reeves

Silent bass player: Jason Newsted

Shit bass player: Sid Vicious

You see this kinda bass here...

B2B-BVM.gif

....Yeah, this one. There is an unwritten rule that only black people are allowed to play them.

.....seriously.

I'm not joking

Its true

Really.

If your white and you own one Expect a visit from the Black Panthers and/or the nation of Islam

really

no Joke

headless_bass.jpg

here brush what was the name of that bass player who looked like gar samuelson and played on individual thought patterns?

Your lucky this is just the internet glen. If you did that in real life youd have bunch of screaming nation of islam people outside your house burning effigy's of you and holding plaqueards with threatening slogans smeared on them.

Seriously, I'm not joking. Its forbidden in afro-american culture to depict a white person playing a headless, small bodied bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back